Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Adore your wardrobe -tznius version?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 4:02 am
I have friends and relatives who have done the adore your wardrobe program and really started looking amazing. The problem is it's not helpful to someone tznius.
I really want to shop for my body type. I hate looking frumpy but the advice for me is all pants, v necks, cap sleeves etc.
Is there a frum version or someone that can help me?
I'm short, very overweight with most of my weight in my tush and upper thighs. With age and babies I now have a bit of a belly too. I am hourglass shape officially.
I feel like I always look like a lump of clay. I am working on the weight but it's a long slow process and I want to feel good in my clothes now.
Any good advice for me?
(Money is limited too).

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 4:24 am
What community are you part of - what are the social norms around clothing?

What’s your coloring like - hair, eyes, skin tone?

What colors do you gravitate toward?

What do you currently wear that you feel good in?

Coffee beanz

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 4:51 am
Impact fashion has a lot about this on her Instagram page. Her clothing are tznius

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 6:30 am
I am litvish or JPF. I wear fully tznius clothing. Nothing too tight, cover necklines, knees elbows and covered legs.
I know what colors look good on me but I don't know the styles that do. Also in the world accentuating a large bottom is normal not so much for us frum yidden.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 6:31 am
YouTube has a lot of channels on dressing classy according to your body type. They often recommend dresses

amother
Poinsettia

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 6:39 am
I just looked at the adore your wardrobe website before and after pictures

Looks like instead of wearing long and loose tops, she advises to wear more short or cropped and properly fitting tops .

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 7:01 am
I have a similar body type op. I think what looks nice on ladies like us is a dark slightly a-line midi or maxi skirt, dark top, and a lighter colored long open cardigan. Nice shoes (colorful, fun, trendy) and nice jewelry.

Avoid pleats, avoid belts, avoid colored skirts.

I have about 7 long open cardigans that are light sweater material, and 4 long open cardigans that are more like t-shirt material (but professional looking). It’s kind of my uniform!

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 7:33 am
ginger- how tall are you and can you post links to your cardigans, thinking about getting something like that to wear over a solid dress

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 7:34 am
amother OP wrote:
I am litvish or JPF. I wear fully tznius clothing. Nothing too tight, cover necklines, knees elbows and covered legs.
I know what colors look good on me but I don't know the styles that do. Also in the world accentuating a large bottom is normal not so much for us frum yidden.

op I'm with you. often times think I would look much better if I didn't have to worry about tznius....

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 7:40 am
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
op I'm with you. often times think I would look much better if I didn't have to worry about tznius....

I don't think, I know Sad

Extra fabric like long cardigans just make me look bigger all over. Dresses are the same unless I would wear form fitting ones which aren't tznius.
Why a line and not straight skirts?

Not to be a kvetch but I feel like I can't win looks wise. Short, fat, tznius. The fashion these days doesn't help either.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 7:49 am
I think that even though cardigans do add an extra layer it’s more flattering because it’s a smoother look rather than a lumpy look. No offense meant - talking about myself when I say lumpy. I feel more confident in a streamlined look than in something that shows my rolls and bulges.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 7:51 am
OP - not a true a-line, just slightly a-line, because it has more room for tush and thighs (in my experience anyway). I don’t like things clinging, it’s not flattering (on me).

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 12:41 pm
If someone taker her course, can't the person tell her pants are not an option and have her advise which skirts will work?

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 1:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't think, I know Sad

Why a line and not straight skirts?

'Cause straight skirts can make one look like a big square box if one is a bit bigger around the bottom (like me, speaking from experience). A-line makes a triangle shape, which is optically slimmer than a rectangle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics