Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Tiferes yisroel vrs or shraga

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 5:51 pm
Can anyone explain to me the differences? Pros and cons of each one? TIA!!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 8:41 am
Bump
For reference, my daughter goes to bby, jpf a little yeshivish

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 9:23 am
I don't know much about boys' schools, to be honest, but I heard of both of these when my sister was applying to schools 2 years ago. She ended up sending to Even Yisrael, and is very happy BH.
I think in addition to other things, I remember her discussing the location and building amenities of each, and deciding what was good for her son. I think Ohr Shraga and Even Yisrael were equally first choices, and she got into Even Yisrael and didn't end up bothering with subsequent applications/interviews.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 9:48 am
I don't know about TY but I do send to OS and it is mixed with a leaning towards more yeshivish.
Personally my husband is working and isn't white shirt only, & I do know other people whose husbands work but there are many in Yeshiva and the school rules tend to be conservative.
It is really really hard to get in and I know that last year they stopped taking applications after 150 people applied in the first day. They already had two graduating classes so it's not such a young school anymore.
But I am thrilled with the school.
Good luck.

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 12:35 pm
Bump

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 12:47 pm
I send to tiferes yisroel and I’m very happy there.
It’s a very normal mix of types. 1/2 yeshivish but not extreme and 1/2 a bit of heimish and jpf. It’s smallish, untill 5th grade busy has 2 classes for a few grades already. It’s a very warm and caring place.
Ohr Shraga I hear is more yeshivish and what’s to become even more yeshivish. And crazy hard to get into.

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 12:55 pm
ok thanks! We are very excited and chose it over a "brand name" school. Sometimes the smaller newer places are better as they are trying to please.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries