Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Trust me, Don't ____________
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 10:14 pm
Trust me,
Don't put dish detergent in the dish washer instead of dish washer detergent!

Due to my lack of executive functioning skills, I became a master of improvising. A skill I have daily practice in. Most times it works out and I feel like I should write a book on shortcuts and flexible thinking, but then I remember that writing a book has deadlines and editing.... and then I think supper-what's for supper.

So when I didn't have cascade and my dishwasher was finally loaded, it didn't enter my mind to go buy cascade. Or maybe handwash the dishes. Or go to a neighbor to borrow some. No. I have to figure this out. What could be wrong with dish soap. Dirty dishes- dish soap. Makes so much sense. I wonder why cascade was created to begin with. I should write that in my book, no it has deadlines. Oh start the machine. Ok- done. Supper-what's for supper.

So I take the half defrosted tray of ground chicken that's defrosting on my counter. I skim off the part that's defrosted. That'll be used to fry patties for my kids now. Frying- I love frying. It's so quick, who bakes chicken for 2 hours. How did they know 2 hours ago that they will want chicken in 2 hours. When the rest of it defrost, it'll be time to make supper for my husband that comes home later. It's not that I forgot to defrost the chicken on time. It's just that this works out so well.

And then I realized why cascade is still on the market. The suds, it just wouldn't stop coming out of my dishwasher. It just kept on coming and coming. The thing about suds is that once it loses it's colorful magic, you know what it is? It's just a puddle. A wet puddle in my kitchen! Funny how bubbles and suds are just a floating puddle. Not so funny to wipe it up when it just wouldn't stop.

So instead of writing a book, or maybe one day... I'll add it to my list, where's my list? Never mind, I'll start a new one, I came to write it here. Because why not spare you the joys of floating puddles.

I'm sure you've tried some things that didn't turn out quite right. So add your own.

Trust me, don't___________________ because ______________________________.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 10:19 pm
Trust me, dont put diaper cream on your toothbrush because it tastes pretty nasty

(Another adhd mom over here..I thought it was the toothpaste)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 10:23 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
Trust me, dont put diaper cream on your toothbrush because it tastes pretty nasty

Omg eww
the good thing is that now your mouth won't get a diaper rash

tweety1

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 10:28 pm
Trust me, don't confuse frozen crushed garlic for frozen crushed ginger because although frozen and crushed they look identical they don't quite taste identical.....

effess

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 10:42 pm
Trust me don’t start organizing your kids clothing the night before RH, because you will not be happy with 7 piles as high as your waste all of yom tov.

By the end of yt you don’t have piles, you’ll have an ocean. And an ocean of clothing is not what you want to deal with all week before yk when you’re supposed to cook and freeze for sukkos because you invited three sleepover families …which btw you promised you’ll never do again but then you remembered how much fun it was so you invited them anyway.

Just don’t try organizing the clothing.

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 10:44 pm
Trust me, don't leave diaper cream where your toddler can find it because she will shmear it on your fabric couch where a year later it will still never quite come out, and she will spread it on her toys, and on her little sister (ugh it was A&D that time and it was a miserable job getting it out of her hair) and she might even pour chocolate syrup into it.

Trust me, store all creams and ointments very high up.

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:14 pm
Omg I did that. I filled the little space full of dish soap. Was not fun.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:02 am
Trust me, don't diet while being pregnant. I did that and I have a special needs daughter now. The baby needs nutrients to develop. All the nutrients. All categories of food, even carbs.

yuyu

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:08 am
I love your writing style!!!

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:10 am
amother Hyacinth wrote:

OMG my husband did this once back when he was an exhausted new father....it's hard to get desitin out of your mouth!

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:20 am
amother Bisque wrote:
Trust me, don't diet while being pregnant. I did that and I have a special needs daughter now. The baby needs nutrients to develop. All the nutrients. All categories of food, even carbs.

How do you know it because of dieting??

amf

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:23 am
OP, please write that book! You're so entertaining!

scintilla

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:27 am
As someone with ADHD, how about don't put anything down, ever!! Can't tell you how many things have been lost forever simply because I let them out of my grasp!!

Also, still working on this one but don't have toddlers who can both climb counters AND open the (supposedly child proof) garbage can...I have lost so much cutlery and utensils in the last few weeks it's not actually funny Surprised but we gotta laugh!!

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:37 am
amother Salmon wrote:
How do you know it because of dieting??

I don't know for sure, but the baby didn't develop properly and it isn't anything genetic.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:39 am
scintilla wrote:
As someone with ADHD, how about don't put anything down, ever!! Can't tell you how many things have been lost forever simply because I let them out of my grasp!!

Also, still working on this one but don't have toddlers who can both climb counters AND open the (supposedly child proof) garbage can...I have lost so much cutlery and utensils in the last few weeks it's not actually funny Surprised but we gotta laugh!!

So agree with not putting anything down. Like which normal person puts things down. And now you are looking for it? You did it to yourself, what were you thinking?

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:42 am
amother Bisque wrote:

You’re scaring me. I’m on a restricted eating program now and I’m pregnant.

Can you tell me what you ate and how you restricted yourself?
Don’t want to make the same mistake

scintilla

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:44 am
amother OP wrote:
So agree with not putting anything down. Like which normal person puts things down. And now you are looking for it? You did it to yourself, what were you thinking?

Exactly!! Just grow more arms like an octopus, like a NORMAL person.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:44 am
amother OP wrote:
Trust me,
Don't put dish detergent in the dish washer instead of dish washer detergent!

Due to my lack of executive functioning skills, I became a master of improvising. A skill I have daily practice in. Most times it works out and I feel like I should write a book on shortcuts and flexible thinking, but then I remember that writing a book has deadlines and editing.... and then I think supper-what's for supper.

So when I didn't have cascade and my dishwasher was finally loaded, it didn't enter my mind to go buy cascade. Or maybe handwash the dishes. Or go to a neighbor to borrow some. No. I have to figure this out. What could be wrong with dish soap. Dirty dishes- dish soap. Makes so much sense. I wonder why cascade was created to begin with. I should write that in my book, no it has deadlines. Oh start the machine. Ok- done. Supper-what's for supper.

So I take the half defrosted tray of ground chicken that's defrosting on my counter. I skim off the part that's defrosted. That'll be used to fry patties for my kids now. Frying- I love frying. It's so quick, who bakes chicken for 2 hours. How did they know 2 hours ago that they will want chicken in 2 hours. When the rest of it defrost, it'll be time to make supper for my husband that comes home later. It's not that I forgot to defrost the chicken on time. It's just that this works out so well.

And then I realized why cascade is still on the market. The suds, it just wouldn't stop coming out of my dishwasher. It just kept on coming and coming. The thing about suds is that once it loses it's colorful magic, you know what it is? It's just a puddle. A wet puddle in my kitchen! Funny how bubbles and suds are just a floating puddle. Not so funny to wipe it up when it just wouldn't stop.

So instead of writing a book, or maybe one day... I'll add it to my list, where's my list? Never mind, I'll start a new one, I came to write it here. Because why not spare you the joys of floating puddles.

I'm sure you've tried some things that didn't turn out quite right. So add your own.

Trust me, don't___________________ because ______________________________.

How do you make your patties?
Sounds like something that can be useful for me to know. Also do you just make patties and call it a supper (like I do) or you make something next to it?

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:47 am
amother Mulberry wrote:
You’re scaring me. I’m on a restricted eating program now and I’m pregnant.

Can you tell me what you ate and how you restricted yourself?
Don’t want to make the same mistake

I ate only Fruits and vegetables and nothing more. Make sure not to completely restrict any kind of category.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:49 am
amother Bisque wrote:
How do you make your patties?
Sounds like something that can be useful for me to know. Also do you just make patties and call it a supper (like I do) or you make something next to it?

Not sure I want to give away the secrets of my book. Which I might do. As soon as I finish my degree.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics