Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
The symptoms of bullying sleep apnea look like add

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 8:57 am
Please be careful. Before medicating

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 8:59 am
Can you clarify please? Are you saying sleep apnea is a symptom of bullying or ADD? I'm trying to understand.

chanatron1000

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 9:01 am
It is true that PTSD from bullying can cause symptoms that seem like ADHD symptoms in some people, and that sleep apnea can as well, if that's what OP meant.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 9:04 am
amother Taupe wrote:
Can you clarify please? Are you saying sleep apnea is a symptom of bullying or ADD? I'm trying to understand.

A child who has all the symptoms of add might actually have sleep apnea.
The symptoms are practically the same.
Same goes for a child being bullied.
They become withdrawn,low energy low self esteem, zero interest in paying attention to what's going on around them....

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 9:07 am
ADHD symptoms can also present with anxiety, hearing issues, vision issues, absence seizures, and plain old lack of sleep.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 9:11 am
amother Nemesia wrote:
ADHD symptoms can also present with anxiety, hearing issues, vision issues, absence seizures, and plain old lack of sleep.

Sleep apnea has the same effect.
And it's so easy to rule out!
Just one night at the clinic and your done!

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 9:21 am
amother Nemesia wrote:

Ok I'm intrigued. My DD has absence seizures and also very low self esteem, some anxiety, had a very hard time learning how to read, she's an avid bookworm now BH and fluently reads in English, but still struggles with kriyah, and some hearing issues. By hearing issues I mean she can be sitting in a group, listening to the conversation and then ask amillion questions that were literally just answered in the conversation she was listening to. Not sure if I'm being clear.
Do you think this is whats causing it? She has had some bullying in preschool which we took care of and thankfully the bully switched schools before elementary, but my DD is currently in 8th grade. Is that something I should still be concerned about?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 9:30 am
amother Taupe wrote:
Ok I'm intrigued. My DD has absence seizures and also very low self esteem, some anxiety, had a very hard time learning how to read, she's an avid bookworm now BH and fluently reads in English, but still struggles with kriyah, and some hearing issues. By hearing issues I mean she can be sitting in a group, listening to the conversation and then ask amillion questions that were literally just answered in the conversation she was listening to. Not sure if I'm being clear.
Do you think this is whats causing it? She has had some bullying in preschool which we took care of and thankfully the bully switched schools before elementary, but my DD is currently in 8th grade. Is that something I should still be concerned about?

Mabe subconscious ptsd from the bullying?
Does she remember it? because I know that I was hurt badly as a kid and sometimes randomly I'll get into thinking about it.
Like we could be discussing which restaurant to go to and suddenly I'll be remembering that time our school took us to the ice-cream store and a classmate took away my ice-cream in front of the teacher and she just encouraged the kid!
And then I'll pop back in and say let's go to (random milchig place) and dh would be like I just said I'm fleishig!

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 9:32 am
amother Taupe wrote:
Absence seizures will cause the other neuro issues.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 9:40 am
amother OP wrote:
Mabe subconscious ptsd from the bullying?
Does she remember it? because I know that I was hurt badly as a kid and sometimes randomly I'll get into thinking about it.
Like we could be discussing which restaurant to go to and suddenly I'll be remembering that time our school took us to the ice-cream store and a classmate took away my ice-cream in front of the teacher and she just encouraged the kid!
And then I'll pop back in and say let's go to (random milchig place) and dh would be like I just said I'm fleishig!

This scenario actually happened. Dh described it as a glazed look in my eyes and then this time I came back pretty quickly but sometimes I'll get really into the memory. And start turning red or pale depending on the memory.I once gagged out loud and dh asked with a straight face did you just stick your hand in the garbage? And I said yes a teacher made me push the garbage down in the class garbage can.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics