74%  [ 43 ]
Somewhat  
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 58

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 10:05 pm
I'm curious how many feel that they do.

(I am pretty sure I do. We run out of basics all the time, and although we have BH never been literally starving with no food, I have a stress track playing in my brain a lot about food. I am often hungry because we have little food that is appealing to me and it's hard to buy more when the expenses are never ending.)

amother
Sunflower  

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 10:07 pm
because of now or because of how I grew up.
b"H we can afford food but I definitely overbuy because I'm nervous about not having food. I often overpack food when going on a trip, I eat too much, but that's not due to now....

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 10:10 pm
I wrote yes but B"H there are many food pantries that I go to in my area in order to avoid not having $ or enough food for my family.

I run around a lot as each pantry gives out different items but at the end of the day my food bill is very low. It takes a flexible job, and a very tolerant family to do this but it's worth it financially until things get better.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 10:17 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
b"H we can afford food but I definitely overbuy because I'm nervous about not having food. I often overpack food when going on a trip, I eat too much, but that's not due to now....

This is dh. His family wasn’t poor but food was always rationed in his house for some reason. I can’t tell you how much food goes to waste after a YT because of the amount I cook and buy and dh buys on top of that. I tell him straight out all this food is because of his anxiety. He knows it. But I know he will be calmer going into YT when he sees a full fridge.

amother
  Sunflower

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 10:21 pm
I'm not even so sure why I'm like this. we weren't poor. never rationed anything, my mother went food shopping but I just think we didn't always have a proper dinner or something, not sure.and I was very thin so I think I needed a lot of food, my metabolism has since slowed down, reactions to childhood are weird

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 2:40 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:

I am this way too and contribute it very much to being raised as a grandchild of an Auschwitz survivor. I believe food insecurity in OP's description is different though than this. Food insecurity means insufficient food availability as opposed to hunger. You are speaking more about feeling insecure about your food source.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 10:42 pm
We do. We stretch our Tomchei Shabbos boxes to last as close to an entire week of food when we can. Otherwise, there are some times where I’ll eat less so it will all last longer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics