Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Aerosoles Dumas. DSW describes them as leather. I doubt it.
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 11:19 pm
I doubt these shoes are genuine leather as described.

https://www.dsw.com/en/us/prod.....r=002

DSW is describing this shoe as "genuine leather". Mfg glued suede looking material to the inside, to fool customers, because the reverse side of real leather is suede-looking.

The fake leather and the suede lining are separating. Proof that its faux leather, not leather.

Genuine leather shoes are rarely lined.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:12 am
It says
Genuine leather upper
Slip-on
Pointed toe
Synthetic lining
Ortholite Foam insole
Diamond Flex Synthetic sole
Imported

What's your point?
Are you the same poster who got a pair who got the Aerosoles shoes from Nordstrom rack?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:15 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
It says
Genuine leather upper

And upper seems like faux leather to me.

I highly doubt theyre genuine leather.

Amazon doesnt describe them as genuine leather.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:32 am
amother OP wrote:
And upper seems like faux leather to me.

I highly doubt theyre genuine leather.

Amazon doesnt describe them as genuine leather.

So don't buy them?

Not all sites put all product attributes.

DrMom

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:36 am
What is the point of this thread?
Why not check the product description on the manufacturer website?

https://www.aerosoles.com/prod.....ather

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:16 am
DrMom wrote:
What is the point of this thread?
Why not check the product description on the manufacturer website?

https://www.aerosoles.com/prod.....ather

I see manufacturer describes them as leather too. I cant believe it.

I just got them and I see inside the shoe, that lining is bunching up, and not attached to outer leather. Thats not how leather shoes are made.

If this shoe is made of genuine leather, Ill eat my hat.

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:39 am
Why not eat your shoes instead of your hat, see if it tastes like leather!

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:41 am
I would call the company and double check I have done this in the past and gotten direct and true answers. Tell them it's an allergy or something like that so you need to know urgently.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:52 am
seeker wrote:
Why not eat your shoes instead of your hat, see if it tastes like leather!

That may be an idea, but I cant take the chance of eating pigskin leather.

DrMom

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 2:07 am
amother OP wrote:
I see manufacturer describes them as leather too. I cant believe it.

I just got them and I see inside the shoe, that lining is bunching up, and not attached to outer leather. Thats not how leather shoes are made.

**READ** their description. They say clearly that there is an "ortholite foam insole" and some other material for the outsole. The upper is leather.

If you think their description is inaccurate, take them to a shoe repair shop and have them look them over.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 6:30 am
DrMom wrote:
**READ** their description. They say clearly that there is an "ortholite foam insole" and some other material for the outsole. The upper is leather.

If you think their description is inaccurate, take them to a shoe repair shop and have them look them over.

"Read" what I wrote.

This is the first time Im buying shoes where I strongly suspect manufacturer of lying.

Genuine leather outers dont wrinkle and separate. Its one piece. This shoe has a plastic leather outer with a suede looking lining that they think will fool people into thinking is one piece and leather. BUT the outer and the lining are separating.

With the shoe in my hand, I can see (and you cant) that while the outer is 100% smooth, the inside lining is wrinkling, and bunching up, proving that its two materials, bonded together, which they dont do with leather shoes.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 6:38 am
Are we discussing the quality of the shoe, or whether to wear them on Yom Kippur?

If you think k the manufacturer was lying, I'm sure there are tests that can be do e to determine if it is genuine or not.

If there is any doubt that it may be, find something else to wear for Yom Kippur. Why take risks with halacha on such a significant day?

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 6:51 am
Elfrida wrote:
Are we discussing the quality of the shoe, or whether to wear them on Yom Kippur?

If you think k the manufacturer was lying, I'm sure there are tests that can be do e to determine if it is genuine or not.

If there is any doubt that it may be, find something else to wear for Yom Kippur. Why take risks with halacha on such a significant day?

Ooooh wow you're so Dan lchaf zchus!!!

amother
Sunflower

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 7:04 am
amother OP wrote:
That may be an idea, but I cant take the chance of eating pigskin leather.

Aha, so you’re not quite so sure that it’s not leather. 🤣
Maybe it’s bunching up since it’s such a thin layer, if that makes sense here.

DrMom

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 7:07 am
I think the ambiguity is in the term "genuine leather."

https://www.businessinsider.in.....7.cms

Quote:
Goods marked as genuine leather will be several layers of low-quality leather bonded together with glue and then painted to look uniform. It's made from what is left over when the other, higher grades are stripped away for pricier projects.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 7:17 am
amother OP wrote:
I doubt these shoes are genuine leather as described.

https://www.dsw.com/en/us/prod.....r=002

DSW is describing this shoe as "genuine leather". Mfg glued suede looking material to the inside, to fool customers, because the reverse side of real leather is suede-looking.

The fake leather and the suede lining are separating. Proof that its faux leather, not leather.

Genuine leather shoes are rarely lined.

DSW says that it has synthetic lining. Obviously the upper and the lining cannot be a single oiece if they're made from two different materials, as clearly stated in the dsw description. They can separate. I don't understand why what happened is proof of anything.

Not all shoes with real leather are the best quality. Doesn't mean it isn't real leather

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 8:04 am
If you were planning to wear these on YK, I feel bad because you may not get an answer in time.
Actually, I feel bad anyway. I get your frustration. I would contact the seller and tell them your disappointment. Maybe you can get some recompense.

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 8:09 am
IME aerosoles aren't very good quality. I've had them peel apart on me. I like Clark's, Easy Spirit, and Hush Puppies better. They might be a very thin leather veneer.

amother
Valerian

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 8:11 am
If it says leather upper it means that there is some genuine leather on part of the shoe while the rest of the shoe is not leather.

It would need to say- ‘all man made material’ for the shoe to be completely leather free.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 9:18 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
DSW says that it has synthetic lining. Obviously the upper and the lining cannot be a single oiece if they're made from two different materials, as clearly stated in the dsw description. They can separate. I don't understand why what happened is proof of anything.

Not all shoes with real leather are the best quality. Doesn't mean it isn't real leather
Yes. I often buy my kids cheap shoes with low quality leather. They are still leather.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics