Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Anyone else with covid symptoms - erev yom kippur?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:17 am
how am I going to survive? 102 fever with advil, feel awful, and same with hubby and kids...

I'm assuming it's covid because I was exposed at work and I was symptomatic first. no covid tests at home and I don't want to go out to get tested because I feel horrid and because there's really nothing to do anyway.

dena613

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:18 am
Aylor
You may be advised to do shiurim

amother
White

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:21 am
My ds came back from uman with covid. Bh not too sick. He slept a lot. Taking ibuprofen and mucinex.
We're all under the weather. I tested some of our kids but it was negative for covid.
Could also be another virus...

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:27 am
Yup
since tuesday
Headachy, sinus, throat hurting, cough, general weakness and muscle pain
overall just feeling weak and congested as well
It might be covid (strep came back neg) but what's the point of testing?
There's nothing to do for it anyways or it's just a virus

tree of life

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:50 am
Yep me the cough is the worse going to ask rav for water so I can take medication every four hrs

Goody2shoes

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:06 am
For me it's been fever and feeling weak all week. If fever doesn't by some miracle drop by tomorrow, I'll ask a Rav but I'm prepared to fast.

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:27 am
amother Aqua wrote:
Yup
since tuesday
Headachy, sinus, throat hurting, cough, general weakness and muscle pain
overall just feeling weak and congested as well
It might be covid (strep came back neg) but what's the point of testing?
There's nothing to do for it anyways or it's just a virus
same

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:46 am
I got sick on Thursday I went to the doc he said it's a virus not sure which one I didn't test for COVID but my other kids also don't feel so good so I'm assuming it's COVID most viruses don't spread so fast in my house this one got around pretty quickly.

it's now Motzei shabbos and I feel better already, I took it easy, worked from home, cooked less for shabbos, drank tons of water, ate lots of watermelon, salt, and tried to rest a lot. BH it worked I hope to have koach for fasting.

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 3:13 am
Symptoms, and a positive test.

I rested as much as possible on Shabbos, a d plan to take today quietly, and focus on drinking. Before the fast I'll take a full dose of anything that helps, so I'll be able to go to shul tonight without worrying. Tomorrow I'll play it be ear. I'd rather go to shul, but I can always cone home if I don't feel well.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 3:20 am
Don't go to shul!!!
Even if you are feeling better you shouldn't go to shul as long as feeling ill at all.
It is selfish to go. You are saying "Hashem. Please answer my tefilos. But at the same time- my Yom Kippur tefilos in a shul is more important than your kids. Who are also davening for a good year." But at least they are not putting others in harms way!!!

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 3:45 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Don't go to shul!!!
Even if you are feeling better you shouldn't go to shul as long as feeling ill at all.
It is selfish to go. You are saying "Hashem. Please answer my tefilos. But at the same time- my Yom Kippur tefilos in a shul is more important than your kids. Who are also davening for a good year." But at least they are not putting others in harms way!!!

I stayed at home on Shabbos for precisely this reason. My positive test was on Wednesday. There is no longer an expectation to isolate for two weeks. If symptoms are mild enough that I would be going to work, there is no reason not to go to shul.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 3:47 am
amother NeonPink wrote:
I got sick on Thursday I went to the doc he said it's a virus not sure which one I didn't test for COVID but my other kids also don't feel so good so I'm assuming it's COVID most viruses don't spread so fast in my house this one got around pretty quickly.

it's now Motzei shabbos and I feel better already, I took it easy, worked from home, cooked less for shabbos, drank tons of water, ate lots of watermelon, salt, and tried to rest a lot. BH it worked I hope to have koach for fasting.

Adenovirus is going around by kids now. Don't assume covid just yet. I has 3 kids this week tested positive for adenovirus.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 3:49 am
Both my parents have covid.
The doctor they went to told them they can go to shul if they mask up. They are going yo stay home.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 8:26 am
for those of you who have fevers, what do you plan to take? I have aleve (that should cover me tonight) but what about tomorrow?

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 10:36 am
amother Bluebell wrote:

I rested as much as possible on Shabbos, a d plan to take today quietly, and focus on drinking. Before the fast I'll take a full dose of anything that helps, so I'll be able to go to shul tonight without worrying. Tomorrow I'll play it be ear. I'd rather go to shul, but I can always cone home if I don't feel well.

Going to shul is super irresponsible, you are going to get a lot of other people sick. Taking medication to temporarily relieve symptoms doesn’t make you less contagious.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 10:46 am
amother SandyBrown wrote:
Going to shul is super irresponsible, you are going to get a lot of other people sick. Taking medication to temporarily relieve symptoms doesn’t make you less contagious.

This. No matter how you feel you are contagious and could give it to someone immunosuppressed, elderly or with other health issues for which it is still life threatening. Or you could give it to someone who lives with a family member with one of these issues.
You do NOT (on Yom Kippur!!) want to expose people.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 10:59 am
amother Bluebell wrote:
I stayed at home on Shabbos for precisely this reason. My positive test was on Wednesday. There is no longer an expectation to isolate for two weeks. If symptoms are mild enough that I would be going to work, there is no reason not to go to shul.

It is 5 days and feeling better without medication. No fever reducers etc.

But sure, you being in shul is way more important than keeping the rest of the shul safe.

And I would say this about any contagious bug or virus. YK people are weak from fasting and more easily to catch viruses. Plus there are the elderly and others who come for yizkor.
Be kind on the most important day to be kind.

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 11:31 am
amother Bluebell wrote:

Symptoms and a positive test, why are you dreaming of going to shul? That’s extremely selfish and rude. Stay home with your virus please! Hashem doesn’t want you to expose other people intentionally. I can’t believe this needs to be said.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 11:37 am
amother Stonewash wrote:
Symptoms and a positive test, why are you dreaming of going to shul? That’s extremely selfish and rude. Stay home with your virus please! Hashem doesn’t want you to expose other people intentionally. I can’t believe this needs to be said.

THIS! Do you really think that ANYTHING you could do or say in shul would mitigate the avera of making one person sick (much less making someone critically sick or worse)? What has happened to us that this is not obvious???
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur