Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Stubborn toddler!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 5:35 am
I have a very stubborn (!) , intelligent two year old girl- resisting potty training. I’d appreciate any and all potty training tips!

amother
Garnet

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 5:43 am
Ds was almost 4 when I trained him. What worked was I tickled him over there couldn't believe it would work but it did!

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 5:45 am
There are story books you could use. And sticker charts. And if its gone too far try again next month.

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 6:56 am
I need more information. My daughter was 2.5 and just didn't know what to do. She was great at holding it in but didn't relax on the toilet enough so it became difficult to relieve herself. Each child is different.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 7:28 am
amother OP wrote:
I have a very stubborn (!) , intelligent two year old girl- resisting potty training. I’d appreciate any and all potty training tips!

Wait until she wants to. That's the best tip I can give.

One of mine I told her she wasn't allowed to use the toilet since she wasn't ready and she'd have to wait to get bigger since she was resisting so much. That reverse psychology worked well. She one day climbed on the toilet on her own to defy me and never looked back. That kid has always had an interesting personality.

Another one who resisted I wanted to wait more with but her diapers were causing an infectious rash and I really needed her in underwear to let it heal properly and she was totally capable of it but for months she held me hostage, I had to go with her, only in my bathroom, treats forever, etc and it wasn't easy.

The ones who were willing it went much easier with. They can physically be ready but without their ratzon, they're not fully ready. You need their buy in.

Hatzlacha! I thought this was the worst stage of parenting and now it's a toss up between this and teaching teens to drive. Everything else I can handle!

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 7:57 am
Wait.

Or I will say that this 2-year-old's mommy is pretty stubborn herself.

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:06 am
Fighting will make it into a power struggle. Just drop it until she's ready.

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:08 am
Why are you looking to train her when she’s not interested?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training