Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Doll for Ds

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 7:03 pm
I want to buy 2 yo a doll for a variety of reasons, both developmental and behavioral. Anyway, I went to 4 stores today including toys r us, babies rus and target and all of the dolls were SCARY. Half of them moved when you walked by, I guess they have sensors, and frankly I don't want the doll to do that much. I would like a caucasian, male doll with hair. I'm thinking they don't exist. Most of the dolls in my neighborhood were not caucasian, which is not necessarily an issue, but I want ds to see himself in it (it's a long story). There were only 2 boy dolls in all of toys rus, one was white and it didn't have hair.

Does anyone know where I could get one, preferably online?

I found one doll that was anatomically correct shock (no bris if you must know) but it was $38 and didn't have hair. But I'm still thinking about that one...

What do you think?

yrs1025

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 8:08 pm
Have you looked at Cabbage Patch dolls? My nephew got a boy one when he was 3 and really liked it. It was just a doll, no noise/sensors in it.

Dayzmom

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 8:13 pm
How about the Bitty Twins from American Girl. They are cute, not scary. I'm not sure if you have to buy the set, maybe you can search for the boy on ebay.

Nikki

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 8:24 pm
I was just going to say the bitty twins from American girl. The boys are so cute I wanted to buy them for my dd's but of course they only wanted the girls. But I would buy the twins one with blond hair blue eyes and one with dark hair and blue eyes. The boys are cuter than the girls.

abismommy

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 8:31 pm
if you're looking for anatomically correct, what about this or this
just a thought...

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 8:57 pm
Fisher price dolls are so cute. They have them in target. They are so cuddly and decent.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 9:11 pm
Thanks all. I just called American Girl. They only sell the itty bitty dolls separately at the Chicago store and you have to go into the store personally. The woman on thephone was so taken aback from my call Smile

It's amazing the influence that IVF has had on the market Smile

Plus. American girl is REALLY expensive and ds is 2, he totally wouldn't appreciate it.

ffbmom

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 9:49 pm
What about the Tidoo doll by Corolle? The doll has a soft body and is great to take to the bath with your child. I love Corolle dolls, and far less than American Girl, which, by the way, are meant for over 8 years old. Check these websites:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013.....e=asn

http://www.amazon.com/Corolle-.....BTTO0

http://www.creativekidstuff.co......html (this one is called Calin)

Good luck.

greentiger

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 4:28 am
There are some great fisher price dolls that we played with growing up. My mother is obssesed with them and still buys them on ebay sometimes (they dont make them anymore).

They are called My Friend Dolls. I don't know if you'd be comfortable buying used, but I just ran a search on ebay and there are quite a few for sale. You can wash them in a regular washing machine by just tying them up in a pillow case and they come out great. Its a doll with a plush body and plastic arms and legs and doll hair. The boys name is Mikey.

greentiger

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 4:29 am
http://cgi.ebay.com/My-Friend-.....wItem

HooRYou

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 4:39 am
Don't know if you are looking for a baby doll or just a boy doll but my mom got this http://www.amazon.com/Best-Fri.....8VY9K
for DS. When she said she wanted to get him a doll DH said it must be a boy and I wanted soft. My mom liked that it had all the different kinds of fastneings. Dolly (the dolls name) is practically part of the family now.

Raisin

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 6:17 am
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/.....6.htm

I got the girl version of this for my dd. it is very big (about the size of a 6 month old baby) and can wear regular baby clothes. I don't know if it is available in the us.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 11:36 pm
Your buying a 'doll' for you SON??? I would neverrrr buy a doll for my son!!!! Only boyish toys!!! unless it's a character like Elmo or spiderman!
AND would never introduce cars or trucks for my daughter!

greentiger

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 5:33 am
Is the rude amother back..?

Seraph

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 5:41 am
amother wrote:
Your buying a 'doll' for you SON??? I would neverrrr buy a doll for my son!!!! Only boyish toys!!! unless it's a character like Elmo or spiderman!
AND would never introduce cars or trucks for my daughter!
why on earth not? how does it harm them to teach them to be a little empathetic of another "baby"'s needs?

amother

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 6:30 am
I used to not want my boys to play with dolls. But now I see it's really sweet, and sometimes they need something more human-like than a blanket to hug... when I'm not available...cooking, with the baby, etc.

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 10:45 am
I love the Fisher-Price twin dolls. They’re about $17 for two, at target. They come with a hat and bottles. For some reason, it’s the perfect size for kids to hold, and the feet drape over their arms like a real baby’s. Of course the anatomy is a dolls kind, but these are the cutest soft washable dolls out there that are long lasting and cheap.

GAMZu

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 1:15 pm
Yeah, that amother didn't think she got enough reaction on the other thread. Rolling Eyes I feel bad for your kids who are deprived of educational and fun toys because of your narrowmindedness.

chaylizi

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 1:21 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Thanks all. I just called American Girl. They only sell the itty bitty dolls separately at the Chicago store and you have to go into the store personally. The woman on thephone was so taken aback from my call Smile

It's amazing the influence that IVF has had on the market Smile

Plus. American girl is REALLY expensive and ds is 2, he totally wouldn't appreciate it.

I got mine online on their site. my dd doesn't do dolls? would you like mine? you can pm me if you do.

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 5:19 pm
I bought my son a "buddy" doll - quite cute in overalls and a baseball cap ...

then he had batman things and power rangers in every color ...

then there are ken dolls and gi joes ...

keep looking you'll find something right ...

anyways there is NOTHING wrong with boys having dolls ... hey they become dads right ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics