Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
What's the trick to babaganoush

happy chick

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:17 pm
It always comes out wrong. Either too garlic-y, too sharp, too thick, too much mayo. What's the trick?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:32 pm
1 eggplant, 2 garlic cloves (if the eggplant is large they should be large, if it's small they should be small), 2 tbsp mayo, splash of lemon juice up to 1/2 tbsp. Mix well with a fork. Season with salt, taste, and add more until tasty.

happy chick

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:35 pm
ra_mom wrote:
1 eggplant, 2 garlic cloves (if the eggplant is large they should be large, if it's small they should be small), 2 tbsp mayo, splash of lemon juice up to 1/2 tbsp. Mix well with a fork. Season with salt, taste, and add more until tasty.

Thank you. Can you tell me how much mayo based on how much eggplant gets scooped out?

jfk92

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:36 pm
Make it tahini based versus mayo based. Taste is SO MUCH better.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:38 pm
happy chick wrote:
Thank you. Can you tell me how much mayo based on how much eggplant gets scooped out?

2 tbsp is enough. If the eggplant is extra large you can use 2 heaping tbsp but usually not necessary.

polka dots

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 9:13 pm
I char the eggplant. Wash it and then Wrap it in foil and put on the oven very high. I put the eggplant on the floor of the oven and bake till very soft. More than half an hour and let it cool.

In food processor I make mayo. blend on high an egg. Slowly add in cup of oil till mayo consistensy. Add in salt, black pepper, 1 crushed garlic, drop of sugar. Then the inside of the eggplant. I also put in the peel that is burned.

challah58

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 9:13 pm
jfk92 wrote:
Make it tahini based versus mayo based. Taste is SO MUCH better.

Yes can't believe I made it with mayo all my life. Started doing tahini recently and I actually like it now!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics