Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I raised a generation of entitled spoiled brats. Dont AMA
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 6:53 pm
Just venting Crying Banging head Banging head LOL Mad

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 6:58 pm
I sometimes feel the same. Working my kishkes out for them and they are not even grateful. Which reminds me that I’m sometimes not grateful enough towards my parents and in laws. I focus on their negatives too. So I don’t deserve better from my kids.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 6:59 pm
amother Sand wrote:
I sometimes feel the same. Working my kishkes out for them and they are not even grateful. Which reminds me that I’m sometimes not grateful enough towards my parents and in laws. I focus on their negatives too. So I don’t deserve better from my kids.

Thanks for understanding. It's so tough

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:07 pm
Ma, is that you? Why are you wasting time on your phone when you should be picking up my cleaners, putting away my sefarim, digging out my scrunched up socks from my pants that never made it into the hamper and clearing my bedroom floor of dirty tissues? Oh and btw, I'm gonna need $20 to go get iced coffee with my friend tomorrow, BH the school gave us off this week so I could help!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:13 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
Ma, is that you? Why are you wasting time on your phone when you should be picking up my cleaners, putting away my sefarim, digging out my scrunched up socks from my pants that never made it into the hamper and clearing my bedroom floor of dirty tissues? Oh and btw, I'm gonna need $20 to go get iced coffee with my friend tomorrow, BH the school gave us off this week so I could help!

Lol . Hi sweetheart. How did you find me here? Before you rant against me in public, Why don't you ask me how I'm doing and if there's anything you can do for me?

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:21 pm
How about from my newly pregnant (BH!) daughter - you know you guys are going to have to put an extension On the house in a few years so we feel comfortable coming.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:23 pm
amother Freesia wrote:
How about from my newly pregnant (BH!) daughter - you know you guys are going to have to put an extension On the house in a few years so we feel comfortable coming.

Yup my married has expectations also. What's wrong with this generation. Or is just a few of us in this boat Crying

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:26 pm
I always say, the nisayon facing our generation today is materialism

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:26 pm
WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME HOT COCOA? I DIDN'T ASK FOR IT!

For some chizuk. My friend has double digit family kah. By her last baby she had a married daughter already. The daughter popped in for supper and came over to pick up shabbos food and my friend was so annoyed that her daughter doesn't get that she just had a baby and she's not up to it. Now my friend had another baby. Her married daughter now has kids of her own. She is sending meals to her mother and offering to watch the kids. She said "ma, I'm so sorry. I never knew what it means to be pregnant and have a baby. I can't believe how I treated you by your last baby..."
My friend was so proud that finally at some point her daughter actually matured. There's hope. Hopefully you don't have to wait that long lol.

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yup my married has expectations also. What's wrong with this generation. Or is just a few of us in this boat Crying

I have this in reverse. My parents go to my sibling who has a basement with a guest room all the time, but they won’t stay in my apartment even though I have the extra bedroom and it’s very pleasant. Really makes my children feel special… Not.

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:27 pm
I feel for you guys but it's true, this is what happens when you raise your kids that having what everyone else has to fit in is SO important. That and the coddling of kids today= disaster

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:28 pm
amother OP wrote:

Omg - we would all smoosh into my parents house without complaining. And we would
Help cook and buy some stuff. Never would I expect anything like my daughter does. Good thing is my other kids think she’s nuts with this stuff. So some came out ok (I’m this respect)

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:28 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
I feel for you guys but it's true, this is what happens when you raise your kids that having what everyone else has to fit in is SO important. That and the coddling of kids today= disaster

We do not raise our kids like that

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:29 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
I always say, the nisayon facing our generation today is materialism

So true 10000%. Everyone seems to want what everyone else has. Who cares! I grew up looking in my own daled amos only and had great childhood without much!!
Thanks. Heart

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:34 pm
And I'm raising a bunch of slobs cuz I can't get my act together and cuz I myself struggle with organizing and cleaning.

Yes, even with cleaning help weekly. I was trying to back for my kids today cuz I'm going away for all of YT (my oldest is 10). I ventured into my kids rooms and realized that one of the kids didn't have any clean clothes despite my constantly doing and putting away laundry because said kid doesn't put anything in the hamper. And my cleaning lady just puts things neatly on shelves, clean or not.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:36 pm
The Nisayon of this generation is extreme selfishness.

We are living in Sedom who teaches everyone to be very vigilant not to let anyone "take advantage "
Not to step out of their comfort zone
And you don't have to do anything if you don't feel like it.

And your parents "owe you" to give you everything your friends have.

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:38 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:

Op is having a frustrating moment. Please let her vent.
We all have our moments where we say-seriously! who raised these kids?!
And other times they surprise us and are blown away by how amazing they are and I'm like- wow, who raised these kids?

giftedmom

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:56 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
Op is having a frustrating moment. Please let her vent.
We all have our moments where we say-seriously! who raised these kids?!
And other times they surprise us and are blown away by how amazing they are and I'm like- wow, who raised these kids?

Well said
Sometimes we forget they’re a work in progress. Yes, even the marrieds. Most of us did some pretty dumb things when we were newly married.

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:59 pm
Do you think you were any better as a kid? Let kids be kids and stop taking it personally.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 8:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
Lol . Hi sweetheart. How did you find me here? Before you rant against me in public, Why don't you ask me how I'm doing and if there's anything you can do for me?

Gosh, but I'm on vacation! It's been about eight looooonggg days into the school year and I greatly needed this much deserved break Can't Believe It

Sorry OP, hope you get some help tomorrow. If DH has to ask them one more time to just at least put up the schach....well, I'm scared for his blood pressure!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics