Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Medicaid taxis (Medanswering)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 6:00 pm
Question for anyone who lives in NY and uses Medicaid taxis (Medanswering) for appointments within Brooklyn and also in Manhattan - can you please recommend which car service providers you use that are reliable? I’m having a nightmare of a time with the ones I have used. They sometimes pick me up so late that I arrive late to my appointment (I advance book with timing that would allow ample traffic time and get me there early, but they show up extremely late) and I always have to wait an insane amount of time for return pickup - often hours!
If anyone is actually happy with a provider, please please let me know!

relaxation

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 6:32 pm
I have had your problem as well. Although nothing is guaranteed the best ones who showed up most of the time were
Go car (chassidish owned), Puebla , and Castillo (both Mexican owned)

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 6:37 pm
I used to use TWCA for my clients (I no longer work in that field). None of them are great but with TWCA I actually got accountability.

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 6:58 pm
Heisenberg
Agape

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 2:09 pm
Thanks ladies! Will definitely be trying them…

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 2:13 pm
Do they all currently work with Medanswering?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 2:37 pm
Just checked the list of Medanswering providers -
Not seeing most of those on the list. Are you sure they are with Medanswering Medicaid?

Agape I have tried in the past, but they are based in the Bronx, so they were often late to pick me up from Brooklyn - especially rush hour.

TWCA is on the list - I will try them, but they have a 516 number, so I’m guessing they are based in Long Island. Were you using them for Brooklyn patients?

Puebla, Castillo, Go Car, Heisenberg - none are on the list Sad

Any other recommendations?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 2:44 pm
Very strange, I still use Puebla till today

genevieve96

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 4:52 pm
I was going crazy as well. I recently started using saferide and it’s been a game changer. I’ve previously tried go car and Brooklyn radio and both disasters
Safe Ride (914) 730-2333
I only switched recently but they’ve been amazing so far

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 6:34 pm
It’s possible the list of providers I was looking at wasn’t an updated list. I was not on the actual medanswering website. Will check all those names again when I book my next taxi on there. Will try Safe Ride too! Yes Brooklyn Radio is a nightmare!
Drivers don’t want to take the Medicaid rides because they get paid less. They are all freelancers so they work for multiple companies (including Uber and Lyft), so they pick what they want.

Thanks ladies!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries