Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
OMG - AMI story making fun of Imamother!!
  Previous  1  2  3 9 10  11  12  Next

Rhom

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 7:27 pm
The story was in extremely poor taste and was a direct exploitation of Reva's site membership.

Unless Yael gave express permission for this kind of direct copy and paste I honestly can't understand how one has the nerve to put out a story like this down to barely changing post details (yogurt being expensive among so much else) and the visual format.

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 7:50 pm
Everyone keeps mentioning yogurt but the thread about it was nothing to do with the way she mentioned it.

This was the original thread: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....18102

Can someone please explain to me how her story was a copy paste of that at all?

I really think people are up in arms here about absolutely nothing.

Rhom

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 7:54 pm
The original thread was about continuing to buy yogurt if it's becoming too expensive. Literally. Which is exactly the start of the ami story as well.

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 7:54 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
Everyone keeps mentioning yogurt but the thread about it was nothing to do with the way she mentioned it.

The yogurt and the fancy salads were very big "winks" to Imamother readers. The rest of it included writing that with little exception could have been copied and pasted from various threads.

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 8:02 pm
amother Grape wrote:
The yogurt and the fancy salads were very big "winks" to Imamother readers. The rest of it included writing that with little exception could have been copied and pasted from various threads.

Ok so she winked to imamother readers. Hi back to her?

It still wasn't making fun of or comparable to any specific OPs. So don't understand why anyone is getting insulted on some hypothetical OPs behalves.

I can maybe understand having an issue of lifting the graphics from here, but everything else just sounds like getting angry for the sake of it.

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 8:07 pm
amother Yolk wrote:

After this thread, there was another thread questioning if yoghurt is a luxury. Thats the thread it was based on.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 8:11 pm
The question really is how do the posters who started those threads feel
And how would I/we feel had we been the op of those threads
Among other things

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 8:16 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
Ok so she winked to imamother readers. Hi back to her?

It still wasn't making fun of or comparable to any specific OPs. So don't understand why anyone is getting insulted on some hypothetical OPs behalves.

I can maybe understand having an issue of lifting the graphics from here, but everything else just sounds like getting angry for the sake of it.

Agreed. I enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy the text that followed - author turned school teacher.

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 8:20 pm
I think people are making mountains out of molehills.
I make fun of imamother all the time. I wouldnt make fun of an abuse situation or heartbreaking situations that’s posted on imamother, but regarding the general forum I see nothing wrong with.
That is my opinion and whoever disagrees is entitled to their opinion.

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 8:22 pm
The more I think about it….
I’m getting cancel culture vibes.

hodeez

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 8:38 pm
You people will get up in arms over anything... I think it's cute and shows us how silly and reactionary we can be sometimes.

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 8:50 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:

Yaaas.

Anything is fair fodder for discussion on here, but you dare mention Imamother elsewhere and we'll all come after you.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 8:56 pm
I found the story a bit boring and corny although I understand and agree with the point she was trying to make.
I never post in the shalom bayis forum (cuz my marriage is perfect Wink). I feel like posters are quick to jump on, many times, an innocent man. Besides we don't know both sides of the story.
In cases of abuse, sure, bring it to OPs attention. But a regular spat does not mean abuse.

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 8:57 pm
amother Geranium wrote:
After this thread, there was another thread questioning if yoghurt is a luxury. Thats the thread it was based on.

Even better. I just read that thread and it just read as a theoretical discussion/debate over whether yogurt should be considered a luxury. Didn't sound like the OP was asking because she wanted to stop buying yogurts or any shalom bayis issue over it, just as a general discussion. So no sensitive issue there either.

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:05 pm
Sweetmommy wrote:
I found the story a bit boring and corny although I understand and agree with the point she was trying to make.
I never post in the shalom bayis forum (cuz my marriage is perfect Wink). I feel like posters are quick to jump on, many times, an innocent man. Besides we don't know both sides of the story.
In cases of abuse, sure, bring it to OPs attention. But a regular spat does not mean abuse.

Uch - not two sides. OP was an unreliable narrator from the onset.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:09 pm
amother Grape wrote:
Uch - not two sides. OP was an unreliable narrator from the onset.

I'm referring to general shalom bayis threads on here.
For example, I got into an argument with dh today. When we discussed it later we were both right and wrong. Had I posted on here you all would've heard my pov only.
Hes a good man bH. And in my moment of anger you all would've commiserated with me. When I was wrong, too.

polka dots

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:30 pm
Funny thing is that when I read it I kept on looking out to see which one is my response, as if I would have my username on and response. The formatting was very similar-minus the ads bh

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:32 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:

Criticizing what someone puts out is part of free speech. She can write and say whatever she wants. At the same time, people can criticize her for it. That's the risk anyone takes when they speak. Nobody wants to cancel her. It would just be nice if she gained some awareness.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:38 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
I think you’re not understanding the women who are upset. It’s not a question of imamother bashing. It’s a feeling of invasion of privacy, specifically with regard to women who have been victims of abuse or who have been in contact with women who experienced it. They’re a sensitive group and it’s easy to understand why that is.
Whenever I saw a comment from anyone who thought it was funny or enjoyed it I thought - there’s someone who has no idea how sensitive this topic is and isn’t she lucky to be innocent and able to laugh. That’s why I don’t blame the author either, but I didn’t think that should have been published where it was.
It’s not imamother that’s untouchable. It’s the subject of abuse that should be touched upon only by people who know what they’re doing, and even then with the greatest care.

Invasion of privacy? Posting on the internet (Imamother) is less private, if anything, than an article in the Ami.

amother
Brass

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 9:45 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
I think you’re not understanding the women who are upset. It’s not a question of imamother bashing. It’s a feeling of invasion of privacy, specifically with regard to women who have been victims of abuse or who have been in contact with women who experienced it. They’re a sensitive group and it’s easy to understand why that is.
Whenever I saw a comment from anyone who thought it was funny or enjoyed it I thought - there’s someone who has no idea how sensitive this topic is and isn’t she lucky to be innocent and able to laugh. That’s why I don’t blame the author either, but I didn’t think that should have been published where it was.
It’s not imamother that’s untouchable. It’s the subject of abuse that should be touched upon only by people who know what they’re doing, and even then with the greatest care.

Any feeling of privacy on the internet is an illusion; you do realize that whatever you are saying here is literally like announcing it in Times Square (which is why I usually post amother). She didn't actually post anybody's specific story anyway (and if she would, Ami is not necessarily less private than the internet).

And the fact that you think that the subject of abuse should only be touched by experts is LITERALLY Reva's point. I happen not to agree, but that IS her point. You are agreeing with her.
Page 10 of 12   Previous  1  2  3 9 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room