Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I recovered from an anxiety disorder AMA

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:13 am
I didn’t fully recover.
I don’t think anyone can fully recover.

I’m in a place now where instead of having an anxiety disorder’s that I live with every second of every day I occasionally check in with my doctor to make sure I don’t relapse back into my anxiety disorder.
Occasional check ins are usually once a year unless it’s a more stressful time in life or I feel like I might relapse then I’ll check in more often like every weeks or so until I’m in a plateau where I can go back to checking in every 6 months.

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:15 am
How? My million dollar question. I can't function, even with meds. 😥

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:19 am
What type of anxiety did you have? I have social anxiety and it feels like it’ll never go away.

What modality of therapy helped you? Or what medication? If medication, do you have side effects?

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:23 am
amother Begonia wrote:
How? My million dollar question. I can't function, even with meds. 😥

Same

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:45 am
Not OP, but if SSRI’s aren’t helping enough, ask your doctor about seroquel.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
I didn’t fully recover.

I’m in a place now where instead of having an anxiety disorder’s that I live with every second of every day I occasionally check in with my doctor to make sure I don’t relapse back into my anxiety disorder.
Occasional check ins are usually once a year unless it’s a more stressful time in life or I feel like I might relapse then I’ll check in more often like every weeks or so until I’m in a plateau where I can go back to checking in every 6 months.

Came to see if you addressed this - bc I was amazed.lol

Any hx with medication?

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:19 pm
Did you take any natural means to help yourself?

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
I didn’t fully recover.

My child’s therapist told me one doesn’t get cured from anxiety but learns to manage it (ftr, bH it’s years later and said child manages her anxiety very well although she does require occasional “tuneups”)

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:24 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
My child’s therapist told me one doesn’t get cured from anxiety but learns to manage it (ftr, bH it’s years later and said child manages her anxiety very well although she does require occasional “tuneups”)
What does a tuneup involve?

Chavy123

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:56 pm
What did you anxiety attacks feel like

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 1:06 pm
I recovered fully from an anxiety disorder, I don’t have time to make a thread/answer q’s though about it. Sorry for hijacking
How I recovered : (in a nutshell)
Exposure therapy (the thing that makes you scared, just face it over and over again even if it feels like the world is crashing, then check in on yourself and ask: was it really SO bad?)
Natural supplements for anxiety: Google is your friend here.
Eating and sleeping well: A huge part of my mental functioning was to make sure I slept enough and ate normally, as well as having a healthy digestive system(google mind-gut connection). Cutting out caffeine which caused spikes in anxiety.
Healing work: Changing belief systems about what creates anxiety was really important.
Cutting out overthinking. To work on stopping the cycle of overthinking. My inner dialogue is very minimal to none. That helped a lot. I really changed the way that I think about what others think about me. Self compassion, not to be self judgmental. Working on self confidence and letting go the need to be perfect.
Spiritual work: Working on my emuna, moving to Israel helped in some crazy way, being married to someone who is more calm than me.
Time: They say time is the best healer. All the above listed things took TIME to work.
All the factors bh helped me. I would say I’m 90-95% anxiety free compared to my peak.
Hope this helped someone. If it did please like

CiCi

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 1:14 pm
amother Freesia wrote:
I recovered fully from an anxiety disorder, I don’t have time to make a thread/answer q’s though about it. Sorry for hijacking
How I recovered : (in a nutshell)
Exposure therapy (the thing that makes you scared, just face it over and over again even if it feels like the world is crashing, then check in on yourself and ask: was it really SO bad?)
Natural supplements for anxiety: Google is your friend here.
Eating and sleeping well: A huge part of my mental functioning was to make sure I slept enough and ate normally, as well as having a healthy digestive system(google mind-gut connection). Cutting out caffeine which caused spikes in anxiety.
Healing work: Changing belief systems about what creates anxiety was really important.
Cutting out overthinking. To work on stopping the cycle of overthinking. My inner dialogue is very minimal to none. That helped a lot. I really changed the way that I think about what others think about me. Self compassion, not to be self judgmental. Working on self confidence and letting go the need to be perfect.
Spiritual work: Working on my emuna, moving to Israel helped in some crazy way, being married to someone who is more calm than me.
Time: They say time is the best healer. All the above listed things took TIME to work.
All the factors bh helped me. I would say I’m 90-95% anxiety free compared to my peak.
Hope this helped someone. If it did please like

I liked your post because your healing didn't involve mind altering drugs and expensive and non-stop trips to psychologists, therapists, etc. all of which feeds into more anxiety.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics