Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Aish Gesher for Women?

Ilene1777

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 6:33 pm
Does anyone know anything about Aish Gesher? My daughter is in sem and having a really hard time, it's Bais Yaakov sem that's supposed to be less "Bais Yaakov" then the others, but she's choking from the rules and the classes, that feel like a 13th grade. She has found girls she likes and clicks with, but she needs a more interactive, kiruv approach, she hasn't acted out but I feel like her experience so far is pushing her more left. I realize it's been only a month, but I don't see what's going to improve...
Any ideas would be appreciated

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 6:46 pm
I saw the campus earlier this year and was very impressed. The seminary girls mix with the girls on the kiruv program and apparently it works out really well for everyone. You have to know your daughter and what is good for her of course.

Ilene1777

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 6:49 pm
Hi, thanks for your reply! What kind of girls are in the seminary program, do you know? She's fine with not having a smartphone this year, but would want one on when she goes back. She wants badly to grow. Needs a place that is accepting and warm. She has lots of questions.

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 7:06 pm
Ilene1777 wrote:
Hi, thanks for your reply! What kind of girls are in the seminary program, do you know? She's fine with not having a smartphone this year, but would want one on when she goes back. She wants badly to grow. Needs a place that is accepting and warm. She has lots of questions.

I can’t tell you in detail which kind of girls go there; I was there to check out the kiruv program. Best to speak to the administration. B’hatzlacha raba!

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 8:27 pm
I will say that I heard ( not first or second hand) that last year they were not strict about enforcing curfew etc. which led to a certain atmosphere. Ask specifically about those kinds of things if they are important to you.
Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info