Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I got the covid vaccine AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 12:46 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
And you didn’t think to look at one study on the vaccine before injecting it into your children’s bodies to see that A- it did not and wasn’t meant to “stop the spread” (that was just a political talking point) and B- it wasn’t tested and approved ?

I can’t imagine putting something into my children’s bodies without researching
I have researched every single vaccine they ever took. And no, I am NOT antivax, but the blind faith people have in injecting their children is mind boggling to me

By your question do you mean did I think to look at a study? Sure I thought about it for half a second. Firstly, studies wouldn't mean much to me not being an expert in the field. Secondly, anyone can pretty much find a study to show whatever they want, so I don't hold by studies too strongly. A- again I would not have even understood that had I even looked into a study, B- it was approved, but obviously couldn't be tested, it was so new.

amother
White

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 12:50 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
And you didn’t think to look at one study on the vaccine before injecting it into your children’s bodies to see that A- it did not and wasn’t meant to “stop the spread” (that was just a political talking point) and B- it wasn’t tested and approved ?

I can’t imagine putting something into my children’s bodies without researching
I have researched every single vaccine they ever took. And no, I am NOT antivax, but the blind faith people have in injecting their children is mind boggling to me

How do you (assumingly a lay person) conduct this research?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 12:50 pm
amother White wrote:

What research? I said I did not conduct any research

amother
White

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 12:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
What research? I said I did not conduct any research

Wasn't directed at you.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 12:54 pm
amother White wrote:
Wasn't directed at you.

Oh got it. Ok!

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 1:17 pm
amother White wrote:

It's true that lay people can't conduct extensive thorough research. But there are still some very basic things we can look into.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/.....ndAge

This is from the CDC's website. It says that there have been over 1.1 million covid deaths. It also says that over 600,000 were from people 75 or older and around 1000 were from people 17 and younger. (It doesn't say how many had other underlying conditions) It doesn't take a professional researcher to see that young people aren't that effected by covid.

Another thing to consider is the credibility of the source. What's the CDC's record when providing information specifically about covid? Have they been generally correct or have they been wrong more times than we can count? Is there a possible conflict of interest? Let's count the ways the CDC has been wrong with their covid guidance.

1. They said the vaccinated wouldn't get covid.

2. They said the vaccinated couldn't spread covid.

3. They said that natural immunity is not as effective as the vaccine.

4. They admitted to inflating covid deaths by combining dying with covid and dying of covid.

5. They said that masks would greatly reduce the spread of covid.

There are more, but these are just a few obvious ones.

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 3:38 pm
I didn't see all the responses yet so forgive me if already answered,

Did you take it because
1 you felt it was the right thing to do
2 you wanted to go out safely in the world
3 you or someone in the family had a condition and needed to be protected
4 any other reason

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 3:46 pm
amother DarkRed wrote:
I didn't see all the responses yet so forgive me if already answered,

Did you take it because
1 you felt it was the right thing to do
2 you wanted to go out safely in the world
3 you or someone in the family had a condition and needed to be protected
4 any other reason

Mostly 1 & 3

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 3:56 pm
amother Mint wrote:
So if one gets covid before the vaccine and after the vaccine, then what is the purpose of the vaccine?

I wanted to get the vaccine but my doctor refused because I had covid already.

You can debate the vaccine in a different thread. I’m not debating. I’m just answering WHY kids might have gotten it.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 4:03 pm
OP, I just want to say I’m very sorry that you are being attacked (and of course, anonymously!) I don’t see anything wrong with your thread. I think people, especially here, just need everyone to agree with them, and can’t get it through their heads that people might make different choices. I don’t understand why this thread has become about debating the vaccine.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 4:10 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
OP, I just want to say I’m very sorry that you are being attacked (and of course, anonymously!) I don’t see anything wrong with your thread. I think people, especially here, just need everyone to agree with them, and can’t get it through their heads that people might make different choices. I don’t understand why this thread has become about debating the vaccine.

Perhaps it's a case of the lady doth protest too much...

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 4:11 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Perhaps it's a case of the lady doth protest too much...

Huh?

amother
White

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 4:22 pm
amother Steel wrote:
It's true that lay people can't conduct extensive thorough research. But there are still some very basic things we can look into.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/.....ndAge

This is from the CDC's website. It says that there have been over 1.1 million covid deaths. It also says that over 600,000 were from people 75 or older and around 1000 were from people 17 and younger. (It doesn't say how many had other underlying conditions) It doesn't take a professional researcher to see that young people aren't that effected by covid.

Another thing to consider is the credibility of the source. What's the CDC's record when providing information specifically about covid? Have they been generally correct or have they been wrong more times than we can count? Is there a possible conflict of interest? Let's count the ways the CDC has been wrong with their covid guidance.

1. They said the vaccinated wouldn't get covid.

2. They said the vaccinated couldn't spread covid.

3. They said that natural immunity is not as effective as the vaccine.

4. They admitted to inflating covid deaths by combining dying with covid and dying of covid.

5. They said that masks would greatly reduce the spread of covid.

There are more, but these are just a few obvious ones.

I wouldn't call any of this research - but if that works for you.

(so odd how on Ima the only authority or misauthority on COVID is the FDA)

fleetwood

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 4:23 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Huh?

I guess you don't recognize the quote

Basically,those who are Happy with their decisions go about their lives Happy in the knowledge that they've done the right thing. Those who are not confident in their views feel the need to constantly bring up how their view is correct..they do it to convince themselves.

I've never started a covid thread because I don't need convincing that I handled it properly. I don't need to convince people I'm right because I know I'm right.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 4:34 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Basically,those who are Happy with their decisions go about their lives Happy in the knowledge that they've done the right thing. Those who are not confident in their views feel the need to constantly bring up how their view is correct..they do it to convince themselves.

I've never started a covid thread because I don't need convincing that I handled it properly. I don't need to convince people I'm right because I know I'm right.

You can honestly say like many of us, that AT THE TIME, WITH THE INFOMATION YOU HAD THEN, you made the right decision.

But almost 3 years passed since. We have so much more accurate information now, so it bears a re-discussion.

We know now that the vaccines do not prevent covid.
We know much of it was political.
We know paper masks dont work and ivermectin does
We know that the vaccines may cause blood clots and myarcarditis

So the question is, with the information you have NOW, would you get the vaccine again?

I am humble enough to say that the vaccines I recommended for my family members were a big mistake. I learned from it. Did you?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 4:40 pm
amother Mint wrote:
You can honestly say like many of us, that AT THE TIME, WITH THE INFOMATION YOU HAD THEN, you made the right decision.

But almost 3 years passed since. We have so much more accurate information now, so it bears a re-discussion.

So the question is, with the information you have NOW, would you get the vaccine again?

I am humble enough to say that the vaccines I recommended for my family members were a big mistake. I learned from it. Did you?

Are you asking me as the OP?

Yes I would do it again, being that I did not face any issues from it

Did I learn from it? I don't have the same situation so it's not applicable

fleetwood

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 4:41 pm
amother Mint wrote:

I literally wrote how I handled covid. Never mentioned the vaccine or meds etc...

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 4:44 pm
fleetwood wrote:
I literally wrote how I handled covid. Never mentioned the vaccine or meds etc...

You were pretty vocal at that time about the vaccines.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 4:45 pm
fleetwood wrote:

I do recognize the quote, I just didn’t understand what it had to do with anything. OP isn’t trying to convince anyone of anything, that’s why I’m confused.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 4:46 pm
amother Mint wrote:
You were pretty vocal at that time about the vaccines.

Aah....You are literally proving my point by hiding under imamother...sad really. Guess you're not confident enough to post under your screen name.
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics