Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
How long does it take to load up the car

solo

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 9:01 am
Wasn’t sure if I should post this in emotional health… I was all packed up last night besides for cooler items. Family of 7 kah. We’ll be staying over for 2 nights. 1.5 hrs later and the cars almost ready. Please share ur experiences

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 9:17 am
It depends a lot if kids are in the way, babies, toddlers, preschoolers, or kids are helpful teenagers or kids are somewhere in the middle. It also depends on how much space you have. If you don’t have a big van and you have to figure how to fit everything it obviously takes longer. It usually takes us about an hour. By then all the kids need to go to the bathroom again and got hungry so that adds time. If a fight breaks out over who sits where that adds too. Have a safe trip.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 9:21 am
About an hour to get out with teenagers helping...

amother
Chestnut

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 9:23 am
I heard a great vort once. He said that the greatest miracle of Yetzias Mitzrayim was that everyone managed to get packed up and out in a single day!

AlwaysGrateful

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 11:44 am
It takes forever. It just does.

Assume two hours longer than you think it will. You say that everything is packed, but there are always a million last-minute things...

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 12:03 pm
Make a list the night before. Include everything.
Then just go through the list throwing everything into bags, coolers...
My list looks like

Clothes:
goggles
sunscreen

For ride:
cut up carrots
cut up apples

For meals:
hot dogs
BBQ utensils
buns
ketchup
plastic tablecloth
etc

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 12:04 pm
Longer than I think it should and longer than I think it will. I think it takes a half hour, but it’s much more like 1-1.5

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 6:29 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
I heard a great vort once. He said that the greatest miracle of Yetzias Mitzrayim was that everyone managed to get packed up and out in a single day!

I thought they were supposed to be ready with their belts tied and walking sticks in hand from the night before so there would be no last minute packing, no?

ruchelbuckle

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 10:01 am
amother Chestnut wrote:

laughing so hard about this!

OP- it takes us forever. Like, we once drove to Florida and stopped at a rest stop and slept in the car because my husband thought if we slept at a hotel, we would never get out the next morning!!!! I would say that it depends on the length of the trip, but for a 1 week trip,it would easily take us 2 hours to get out. And that's with people's personal suitcases already packed!! We need the Betty Crocker, and then someone thinks we need Tide pods, oh and then someone else decides they want to bring the fishing rods..... you get the idea.

My teenagers help for the 1st 15 minutes and then start to complain about how dysfunctional our family is....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics