Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I'm an influencer AMA
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 11:58 pm
So your husband knows that you're an influencer but doesn't know specifics? Do people come over to him and mention it?

What do your kids (if applicable) think of your job?

What niche: fashion/home/cooking?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:08 am
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
Do you have a limit of. What you won’t do?

If I’m not sure about something, I’ll usually work through it with some other influencers. It's important for me to maintain boundaries.

ShaniF

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:10 am
What makes you an influencer?
How many followers do you have?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:13 am
ShaniF wrote:
What makes you an influencer?
How many followers do you have?

I have a lot of followers and very high engagement rates. I can't share specifics since I don’t want anyone to figure out who I am.

ShaniF

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:15 am
amother OP wrote:
I have a lot of followers and very high engagement rates. I can't share specifics since I don’t want anyone to figure out who I am.

Around how many? How many digits?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:17 am
amother Denim wrote:
Also do you ever get intimidated by the wealth and beauty and creativity on Instagram? That’s why I left- it wasn’t fun to see pics of $4000 new wigs and chanel bags that I can’t afford.

I occasionally check back in for recipe accounts, those are my favorite.

It can definitely be overwhelming. I'm very careful about who I follow and block people/brands that I don’t want to show up in my feed.

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:22 am
Gosh people are nasty when it comes to influencers! Chill, how would you like if someone asked you how you justify every aspect of your lives?

I actually know a decent number of influencers in person and most of them are regular people with proper boundaries and lead as normal lives as you do.

Questions for OP;

As much as you’re comfortable with sharing, what kind of influencer are you? Fashion, beauty, cooking etc?

How do you deal with nasty/inappropriate DM’s?

What sort of transactional advertising do you do? To clarify; do you advertise in exchange for the product, advertise in exchange for money and then return the product, a combination of both, or something else altogether?

amother
Outerspace

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:33 am
amother Seafoam wrote:
Because people seek the truth... and social media flaunts fake vulnerability which many see right through.

That still doesn’t explain why people here bash anytime someone is expressing that they aren’t poor, run a somewhat successful business or choose to use a doona because it best fits their lifestyle needs.

I think it’s jealousy. It’s easy to cover up jealousy with “seeking the truth”. But jealously is jealousy.

If anyone knows of any other reasons people get upset about:
1) influencers
2)finances
3) businesses
4) Doonas

Please chime in. I would love to hear other ideas.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:38 am
Would you let your kids be influencers? What age would you let them have social media?

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:42 am
Are you as popular on TikTok, YouTube or other platforms?

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:53 am
Do people stop you in public because they recognize you on social media? How do you respond to people who know you better than you know them?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:56 am
amother Darkblue wrote:
4) doonas 😁🤪

5) "push" presents/gift from husband to the wife, upon the birth of a baby.

6) people caring what's in style (esp for their kids)

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 3:45 am
How can someone new to social media find the network of frum influencers and personalities on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube and other platforms?

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 7:09 am
amother OP wrote:
This is a really hurtful stereotype. I try to be as authentic as possible in person and online. Of course, I’m not showing all the boring things in my life because that's not what my page is about. I believe people come to Instagram to take a break from the mundane and appreciate creativity and beautiful things, and I try to thoughtfully curate my platform to create that space for my followers.

Why is it a fake stereotype?
If you say a product is amazing (because you got it for free) or advertise for a restaurant or hotel (again that you don’t pay for) , it’s completely biased and false . The whole world of influencers is made of biased reviews and exaggerations and pretending life is perfect for whoever pays them to say so. I would never believe a advertisement or review from someone who isn’t a paying customer.
Kind of like my life on Facebook is perfect but to the 10th power, when you live a pretend life where everything is amazing (as long as you get your commission or free vacation), you don’t think it changes how you are a person?

WhatFor

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 7:59 am
amother OP wrote:
Wow, this has really blown up! To me, it's not about the number of followers you have, but the level of engagement on your posts. My posts have a 20% engagement rate on average.

What does this mean practically, though? If someone has five followers and only 1 person engages with them, that's a 20% engagement rate. Would you consider them an influencer?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 8:15 am
notshanarishona wrote:
Why is it a fake stereotype?
If you say a product is amazing (because you got it for free) or advertise for a restaurant or hotel (again that you don’t pay for) , it’s completely biased and false . The whole world of influencers is made of biased reviews and exaggerations and pretending life is perfect for whoever pays them to say so. I would never believe a advertisement or review from someone who isn’t a paying customer.
Kind of like my life on Facebook is perfect but to the 10th power, when you live a pretend life where everything is amazing (as long as you get your commission or free vacation), you don’t think it changes how you are a person?

Yes!
I'll never forget when I watched an influencer receive a package from another influencer & she was going on about the (additional) free gifts that were in there.
I had been working in a marketing field and I thought that the whole promotion was cute and they happen to have had a product that I wanted so I ordered it.
Apparently paying customers are not worthy of anything extra. I got my order in a regular mail envelope. I was really upset & felt misled by both.

The other thing that really bothers me is when I am a loyal customer to any random company. I'll order from them say five times a year and spend four figures in their company. Usually with non-jewish companies once you place an order you start getting coupon codes from them because they want to keep you. Jewish companies rarely do that but then you see that suddenly they'll have some sort of marketing Blitz and every influencer under the sun will be getting a free $200 plus product in order to get people like me to want to spend money with them.
I've stopped using two different companies because of that. If you can afford to spend the money on random influencers you can afford to offer actual loyal clients s/t- a 10% discount after every five orders, buy 1 get one discounted, etc.

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 8:25 am
amother OP wrote:

Wadr, nobody would figure anything out if you say you have 5k, 10k, 25k 100k or more followers.

I think that many here would say that to be a legitimate influencer are person needs followers.

Engagement rate is kinda irrelevant if there are few followers. If I have 10 followers and engage with 5 then I have a 50% engagement rate.

Personally I think many influencers have caused significant harm to families. Showing off their 50 outfits, 3k bags, and 50k yuntif getaways has caused terrible jealousy as well as triggered some to keep up and spend money they don't have. It's awful. I'm glad I haven't gone on Instagram in over 2 years now.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 9:12 am
amother Watermelon wrote:
Wadr, nobody would figure anything out if you say you have 5k, 10k, 25k 100k or more followers.

I think that many here would say that to be a legitimate influencer are person needs followers.

Engagement rate is kinda irrelevant if there are few followers. If I have 10 followers and engage with 5 then I have a 50% engagement rate.

Personally I think many influencers have caused significant harm to families. Showing off their 50 outfits, 3k bags, and 50k yuntif getaways has caused terrible jealousy as well as triggered some to keep up and spend money they don't have. It's awful. I'm glad I haven't gone on Instagram in over 2 years now.

It’s important to realize that a lot of influencers (most that I see) are carrying fake products. I can’t speak to the rest of it, but absolutely fake designer bags, etc

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 10:32 am
How do you feel about promoting a product that you do not go for or that's nothing special ?

There are two three of such incidents that stand out where heimish influencers pushed a certain product in the recent years and they were miserable fails

Also do people know IRL that you are a influencer? Do you show your face?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 10:39 am
amother Denim wrote:
I know you said it’s about engagement but I’d love to know how many followers you have.
100? 10,000? 20000 or more?

Agree. I have about 10k followers that I built years ago when instagram was about businesses more rather than content creating. I don’t have Instagram anymore on my phone, but I still have my account. I am not an influencer, I’ve never showed my face or discussed or posted anything other than my work
I stopped maintaining my account about 4-5 years ago when I got so turned off with what if had become so my followers wouldn’t been way bigger had I cared to maintain it.

Sorry OP, but in that fake influencer world, number of followers absolutely does matter
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics