Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Sick, putting up yom tov in one hour

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 5:07 pm
I am burning up with fever (103.7) , dizzy , and can’t walk straight / probably covid , spent most of the day in bed I expected my husband to figure something down , came down and not surprisingly, my husband made nothing and expects thanks that he watched the kids and let me rest.
I put up a pot of a chicken soup and cholent.
What am I missing? What else do I need?
Challah is in the freezer.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 5:09 pm
Go back to bed everyone can just eat challah.

groisamomma

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 5:13 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Go back to bed everyone can just eat challah.

This. What was he thinking?

Tuna cans is fine for fish. Soup you have, and chicken from the soup bones is good. You have challah.

You're good.

If you feel better tomorrow night you can boil a pot of eggs.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 5:14 pm
Can he pick up some cold cuts from the store for thesecond day? Something to eat second day
You can always cook tomorrow night and Sunday if you feel better. Even pasta. But now -& most important - take it easy!
Where do you live? Someone gave me extra soup and cholent I can share if you're nearby

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 5:15 pm
Turn on a flame and the oven. If you're feeling up to it on Sunday, you can put chicken and potatoes in the oven or fry them on the stove. If you're not, you don't have to.

amother
Calendula

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 5:22 pm
For the kids I would boil a pot of noodles.

amother
Lotus

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 5:27 pm
If you have a roast in the freezer leave your oven on 225 and put it in overnight on motsaei shabbos for simchas torah lunch. Put it in a pan with spices and onions. If you feel better tomorrow you can add carrots around it.
What did your husband think you will be eating? Scratching Head

amother
Lotus

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 5:36 pm
Can you give him directions from your bed?
Put 2c of rice in disposable pan with oil and salt. Add 3c of boiling water and cover with foil. Put in oven.

amother
Lotus

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 5:36 pm
Take ibuprofen and make sure to drink!
Refua sheleima

amother
Moccasin

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 5:47 pm
OP go right back to bed!!! Over 103 fever and you came downstairs??? Why??
You should not be doing this.
Get back into bed and either your husband will figure something out or you'll have challah and peanut butter.
Please please do our daughters a favor and dont show your sons that youre taking care of food when so sick!
Ask someone to bring you tea or soup in bed and get back in there
Refuah shelayma!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 5:53 pm
Thanks everyone. Deli and noodles are a good idea, it will make the kids happy and we have it in the freezer. As to what my husband is thinking? He is used to me pushing myself when I am sick, unfortunately I get sick a lot and he doesn’t take it seriously till I fall apart and can’t do it anymore. I am immunocompromised and I get seriously sick a lot so he is kind of desensitized. . I started trying to make some chicken/ potatoes and collapsed/ fainted. I really don’t have any energy. I told my husband I am staying in bed the rest of the day and he can figure it out, he wants me to start calling babysitter so he can go to shul tonight and take out everything to set the table because he doesn’t know where it is. I am turning off my phone, lighting, and tuning out. Hopefully I will feel better in the morning and will leave a blech on, that’s a good suggestion.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 6:01 pm
Refuah shelaima! Good shabbos and yom tov

amother
Calendula

Post Sun, Oct 08 2023, 9:13 pm
I hope you are feeling better

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 08 2023, 9:18 pm
Thanks! Was a pretty miserable yom tov, still feverish and shaky/ dizzy , I stayed holed up in bed for as long as the kids/ my husband let me, the kids kind of did their own thing, I had my husband stay home most of davening/ bring some of the kids with him. Feeling slightly better today, not good, but maybe strong enough to move around a little.
Everyone survived with whatever food we had around. Bh doesn’t seem like anyone else got sick so we’ll take that as a win.

ysydmom

Post Sun, Oct 08 2023, 9:23 pm
OP glad your feeling better stay hydrated keep drinking try to rest as much as possible!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics