Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
At what point do you turn your heat/steam on?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 1:12 am
We’re in upstate NY and my thermostat showed 61 last night, 59 this morn and the house slowly warmed up over the day to 64.

I want to push off turning the heat on as long as possible. Night was ok, with some double blankets and today we all walked around with a warm pair of socks on top of regular socks and sweaters till late afternoon when it finally warmed up enough in the house. But wondering what the “norm” is?

Was also wondering if the temp was too cold in my house according to the weather outside? There are no drafts in the house afaik- windows seem to be pretty well sealed and we did have some sunshine coming in too.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 1:43 am
There is no norm you turn on the steam when you can't handle the cold.

If you are fine with the cold turn on the steam if you are afraid the pipes will freeze.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 1:44 am
I’m only turn it on when we can’t handle the cold

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 1:45 am
My house is heated with natural gas. I only turn the thermostat all the way down when we'll be out of the house for a while. Otherwise, I'd like the heat to go on whenever the house gets too cold, whatever the calendar says.

Also in upstate NY and it's been on some random nights in the summer and I don't regret it. It's on now, as a matter of fact.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries