Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries
Ideas how to show support

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 9:54 am
Although we are far away from the tension, sirens, having to suddenly run into a shelter, I really would like to do something in a small way to help the war in E"Y.

I am not good at doing anything like setting up Tehillim groups or something similar to that but I would love to feel there is something that we can do to show solidarity with our friends in Israel.

Any ideas?
TIA

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 2:24 am
There are so many things you can do. Daven, say a Perek of tehillim for a specific Chayal or hostage. Take on a small kabbalah in tznius as a zechus for one person or the whole matzav.

On a physical level, if you can help donate supplies or pack supplies for charter flights thatโ€™s another good way to get involved.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 3:00 am
Get kids together to daven for the safety of the Jews in Eretz Yisroel.
Invite a less religious neighbor for a Shabbos meal.
Give even small amounts of tzedakah to Israel.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 3:16 am
OP calendula who is posting from Israel wrote that there is a shortage of bullet proof vests and helmets among other things. Excuse my ignorance because B"H these are not the kind of items I know much about, If DH agrees to buy these items who sells them and who in israel do you send them to?

caza

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 3:51 am
amother OP wrote:
OP calendula who is posting from Israel wrote that there is a shortage of bullet proof vests and helmets among other things. Excuse my ignorance because B"H these are not the kind of items I know much about, If DH agrees to buy these items who sells them and who in israel do you send them to?

Bumping this up because I would like to donate.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 3:59 am
There is a sponsored post here
Is that what you're referring to?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 4:12 am
No, that is not what I was referring to. The sponsored post is probably referring to day to day items needed for family survival.
I am referring to the specific post of op calendula and her saying there is a shortage of bullet proof vests and helmets which is a more specific item needed because there are unfortunately not enough of them to meet the need.

LisaS

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 5:01 am
This is from my neighbor. You are welcome to PM with any specific questions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YISHUV MEVO HORON - SECURITY EQUIPMENT FUNDRAISER

My name is Ariel Goldberg, made aliyah with my family in 2011 from NY/NJ directly to Mevo Horon (central Israel). 400+ families (2,500 Jews). As we speak, MANY fathers /sons from here are in the South and North fighting and defending AM Yisrael ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฝ, leaving a great need to strengthen our local Yishuv security, with 3 arab villages just across the valley.

As a volunteer for our Yishuv security, I'm reaching out to every Jew like you, to please help strengthen our Mevo Horon security needs.

Purchase Budget:

โ€ข BULLET PROOF VESTS

โ€ข ARMY COMBAT DRONE

โ€ข SECURITY EQUIP- MISC.

ANY AND ALL AMOUNTS $ TO $$,$$$ ARE WELCOMED AND SO APPRECIATED!!

GOAL $36,000

AM YISRAEL CHAI ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฝ

DONATION OPTIONS:

ZELLE (CELL ONLY): 917-893-7524 -

OR

ACH / WIRES:
Citibank
Ariel Goldberg
ABA#: 021000089
ACCT#: 32320930

ืขื ื™ืฉืจืืœ ื—ื™ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ ื•ื—ื–ืง ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฝ ื•ื‘ื™ื—ื“ ๐Ÿซ‚โค๏ธ !!

Questions- Ariel Goldberg
917-893-7524
Arielygoldberg@gmail.com

THANK YOU ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ

LisaS

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 5:02 am
Besides for helping fundraise, I think its nice to reach out to friends in Israel and let them know you are thinking of them. Ask them about their day to day. it will make you feel connected.

You can have the kids draw pictures and encouraging notes to soldiers and we can think of how to get them to them.

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries