Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Cancer cluster among children in Toms River? When did this b
Previous  1  2

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 8:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
All along, when this was going on at the plant for years, how did all the mega wealthy Toms River residents living in mega Toms River mansions, not vote out all the politicians involved with the chemical companies?

Usually mega wealthy people have clout.

No one knew?

What mansions? I don't think they were built back then. Most aren't very old.

GLUE

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 8:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
All along, when this was going on at the plant for years, how did all the mega wealthy Toms River residents living in mega Toms River mansions, not vote out all the politicians involved with the chemical companies?

No one knew?

I think the mega mansions were build after the fact.
Toms River was a working class town for years.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 8:30 pm
amother OP wrote:

No one knew?

Cleanup started 1989. Cancer cluster class actions took place in the 90s. The huge homes were built early 2000s. Everyone knew.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 8:33 pm
I got a letter from Health dept that a factory that was located next block to me, dumped toxic waste in ground, which is seeping radiation in radius. Theyre working on it. Right after that a development of frum Jews was built right on top of that. My child had cancer. 2 other people on my block that I know got diagnosed. This is Brooklyn. What exactly can I do?

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 8:39 pm
amother Sapphire wrote:
I got a letter from Health dept that a factory that was located next block to me, dumped toxic waste in ground, which is seeping radiation in radius. Theyre working on it. Right after that a development of frum Jews was built right on top of that. My child had cancer. 2 other people on my block that I know got diagnosed. This is Brooklyn. What exactly can I do?

Where in brooklyn?

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 8:50 pm
Wmsbg

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 9:00 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
What mansions? I don't think they were built back then. Most aren't very old.

Correct.

The houses on the street Im thinking of were built around 2005. I just checked.

"The state health department found that 87 children in Toms River, which was then known as Dover Township, had been diagnosed with cancer from 1979 through 1995."

I wonder why people wanted to build mega mansions on that property? Does an area with issues ever get totally cleaned up?

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 9:03 pm
amother Sapphire wrote:
Wmsbg

What area in wmsbg?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 9:05 pm
amother Sapphire wrote:
What do you want to do? Move? Sue? Both?

ROFL

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 9:14 pm
This has been around since the 70’s It was talked about in the news !

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 1:14 am
Skillman street
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries