Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Thursday Night Chulent?

BrownEyedGirl

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 2:02 pm
I remember hearing about putting up a chulent Thursday night, but I'm not sure how and what temperatures to put it on?

Anyone do this? How?

yummydd

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 2:04 pm
you could put up a chulent in the crock pot, I make one wednesday night for thursday nights supper! though for shabbos I find it enough time to put it up on friday morning!

cuteson

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 2:13 pm
I Put my cholent up Thursday night in the crockpot on low so by the time my DH comes home for lunch on Friday he eats the cholent that's all ready it's delicious

BrownEyedGirl

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 5:14 pm
Thanks!

So do you leave it on low from Thu night till Shabbos? Do you usually need to add water by the time fri afternoon rolls around?

sbs

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 7:17 pm
I put up my cholent about 3 on thursday on high until I go to sleep, so it's fully cooked, then I lower it and it stays like that until we eat it on shabbos.
I don't know about keeping it on low the whole time, you realy have to know which crock pot, some low are very low, not enough to cook the beans compeletely no matter how long it's on for, and also could spoil the meat cuz it's not hot enough to cook, and also it's not staying chilled.

cuteson

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 12:07 pm
before shabbos I add a little waterso not to dry it out.

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 12:26 pm
You guys cook ur chulent for 3 days???!!!

I put up chulent on Wednesday night for Thursday night chulent and Friday morning or afternoon again for Shabbos chulent.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 12:28 pm
Forget about leaving it for three days: you EAT it for three days running? How can that be?

OldYoung

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 12:30 pm
Tamiri wrote:
Forget about leaving it for three days: you EAT it for three days running? How can that be?

oooooh DH would eat it all week long Wink

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 12:33 pm
Tamiri wrote:

no, we eat it thursday night and shabbos lunch.

Bambamama

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 2:03 pm
RivkiA and yummydd, Any particular reason you eat chulent on Thurs. night? Don't you get sick of it by the time Shabbos rolls around? Just curious.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 2:15 pm
I used to cook it in a regular pot on thursday and just warm it up friday afternoon. Now I put it in the crockpot friday and it stays until we eat it shabbos morning.

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 2:22 pm
Bambamama wrote:
RivkiA and yummydd, Any particular reason you eat chulent on Thurs. night? Don't you get sick of it by the time Shabbos rolls around? Just curious.

Sick of chulent??!! Never!

We eat cuz that's what most yeshiva boys do, most husbands ask their wives to make chulent thursday nights or they make sure to go to yeshiva where they can get some.
So I make it on Thursday nights and my husband has married friends over (when he's home).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus