Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Treating Whooping cough (pertussis) with high dose vitamin C

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 10:55 am
Has anyone heard of treating Whooping cough (pertussis) in babies (5 months) with high Doses of vitamin C to the point of full saturation where the baby experiences diarrhea? I believe its Dr. Suzanne Humphries method. hesitant to try but if it helps and is safe I definitely will.

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 10:56 am
Take your baby to a doctor

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 10:59 am
amother Camellia wrote:
Take your baby to a doctor

I'm sorry I should have mentioned. I did. and I'm not a crazy health nut although I do sometimes try natural remedies. I unfortunately missed the time frame for antibiotics helping by about 3 weeks since my baby had high fever which doesnt go together with whooping cough usually so the Dr. didnt test. antibiotics only helps the symptoms if its started immediately.

tweety1

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 11:10 am
amother OP wrote:
Has anyone heard of treating Whooping cough (pertussis) in babies (5 months) with high Doses of vitamin C to the point of full saturation where the baby experiences diarrhea? I believe its Dr. Suzanne Humphries method. hesitant to try but if it helps and is safe I definitely will.

Yes my very close friend did in the hospital with a newborn. She did it under guidance and of course only gave it when hospital staff wasn't around. Bh it worked well. Baby was in the hospital for less than a week.

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 12:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm sorry I should have mentioned. I did. and I'm not a crazy health nut although I do sometimes try natural remedies. I unfortunately missed the time frame for antibiotics helping by about 3 weeks since my baby had high fever which doesnt go together with whooping cough usually so the Dr. didnt test. antibiotics only helps the symptoms if its started immediately.

Ok good. Refuah shelemah!

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 12:49 pm
What did the doctor tell you to do?
This is too serious to treat on your own.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 1:02 pm
amother OP wrote:

Yes. I did with great success BH! Google her protocol for exact amounts and treat aggressively.

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 1:07 pm
amother Teal wrote:

Doctors don't have any way to treat it.
It's too serious to NOT treat on your own.

tweety1

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 1:12 pm
amother Teal wrote:

If it's too late for antibiotics then she has to try to treat it naturally. She probably doesn't have a dr to ask because most Dr's don't believe in alternative medicine.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 1:13 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
Doctors don't have any way to treat it.
It's too serious to NOT treat on your own.

Can't Believe It

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 1:14 pm
amother Teal wrote:
Can't Believe It

"Ideally, treat pertussis during the first 1 to 2 weeks before coughing paroxysms occurs. Treatment is ineffective if started late in the course of illness."
From the CDC
https://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/......html

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 1:10 am
There’s a few stages of illness with pertussis

ectomorph

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 5:29 am
High fever means a secondary infection is likely. Pneumonia cannot always be easily diagnosed and occurs with pertussis 4% of the time, more in babies. Your child may need more or different antibiotics.

Do not let the doctors blame everything your child is dealing with on pertussis. If you are past the point where antibiotics help, there should be no fever.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 5:52 am
ectomorph wrote:
High fever means a secondary infection is likely. Pneumonia cannot always be easily diagnosed and occurs with pertussis 4% of the time, more in babies. Your child may need more or different antibiotics.

Do not let the doctors blame everything your child is dealing with on pertussis. If you are past the point where antibiotics help, there should be no fever.

THIS

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 1:55 pm
Here’s the protocol and link to the type of C you need, for anyone who wants to try it. (I’m not going to get into any arguments)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics