Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Why was there a bone in my chicken cutlets

newbie613

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 12:29 pm
This happened a few times already. You don’t expect to bite into a bone when eating chicken cutlets or sesame chicken. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? Is there a specific type of chicken cutlet to buy that doesn’t have bones?

scruffy

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 12:31 pm
I would think it would be visible in intact light meat chicken cutlets. Are you buying dark meat ones, or "chicken stew" (precut pieces)?

newbie613

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 12:32 pm
scruffy wrote:
I would think it would be visible in intact light meat chicken cutlets. Are you buying dark meat ones, or "chicken stew" (precut pieces)?
I did not see it. The package doesn’t say light or dark meat… yesterday I think it was a butterfly chicken. A few times it was in takeout like chicken nuggets etc.

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 12:33 pm
This has happened to me a few times. It’s very annoying since we’re paying more for them to clean the chicken and sell it to us boneless.
After a while, you will notice which stores in your area sell better quality chicken. Sometimes it pays to spend a little more.

newbie613

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 12:35 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
This has happened to me a few times. It’s very annoying since we’re paying more for them to clean the chicken and sell it to us boneless.
After a while, you will notice which stores in your area sell better quality chicken. Sometimes it pays to spend a little more.
exactly! this package was bought in a cheaper store. Do you know where I can get better quality chicken in the Lakewood area?

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 12:36 pm
newbie613 wrote:
exactly! this package was bought in a cheaper store. Do you know where I can get better quality chicken in the Lakewood area?

Usually gourmet glatt is cleaner
Also Epstein’s meat

newbie613

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 12:49 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
Usually gourmet glatt is cleaner
Also Epstein’s meat

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey