Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How often do you replace your slippers?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 2:46 pm
If you wear them a lot around the house

Goody2shoes

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 2:48 pm
I replace Birkenstocks once a year.

amother
Sunflower

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 4:04 pm
Been wearing my fake crocs for years. They were old when covid started and I'm still wearing them. Why do you ask?

nursemomma

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 4:40 pm
Replace my Birkenstocks every year- year and half.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 4:41 pm
When I need to...

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 5:23 pm
I wear crocs. About every 5 years or so

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 5:32 pm
my birkenstocks are 3.5 yrs old and still going strong.
for those that replace every year, why? just cuz it's nice to get new or they are done?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 5:37 pm
Wondering if it’s too often to get new ones every year or so—they get gross inside.

cnc

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 5:39 pm
amother Lime wrote:
my birkenstocks are 3.5 yrs old and still going strong.
for those that replace every year, why? just cuz it's nice to get new or they are done?

Mine were shot after a year but I replaced them with Uggs that I’m wearing for 2 years so far . They look a little gross but they’re still perfectly fine . I’ll replace them with new Uggs when they’re rubbed out to the point that they’re not comfortable anymore.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 5:42 pm
I think it depends on what you wear. I like to wear dearform slippers and they usually need to be replaced 1x per year. They are not so expensive though so I don't mind.

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 5:50 pm
Can anyone recommend slippers I can order from amazon? I dont want birkenstock type. I like slippers that are on my whole foot like a shoe sort of. But softer than a shoe if I'm explaining well. Last pair I bought in Target and they're shot.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 5:52 pm
cnc wrote:
Mine were shot after a year but I replaced them with Uggs that I’m wearing for 2 years so far . They look a little gross but they’re still perfectly fine . I’ll replace them with new Uggs when they’re rubbed out to the point that they’re not comfortable anymore.

Has the fur inside your UGGS not worn away? I got mine less than 6 months ago and where the soles of my feet are, the fur has come away. I'm really disappointed as they weren't cheap and I've had crocs for over 10 yrs and they're still perfect, a bit dirty though

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 5:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wondering if it’s too often to get new ones every year or so—they get gross inside.

You get new ones when you need them, not because that’s what everyone does. It’s not too often if they get gross inside!!
I don’t wear slippers around the house unless I’m cooking a lot and my feet hurt, so to me it’s every few years

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 9:07 pm
I started getting shoes for around the house instead of foam slippers that rip. lately I like the kind with built in orthotics. mules, with an open back. my podiatrist says to replace them about every 2 years.

cnc

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 11:37 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
Has the fur inside your UGGS not worn away? I got mine less than 6 months ago and where the soles of my feet are, the fur has come away. I'm really disappointed as they weren't cheap and I've had crocs for over 10 yrs and they're still perfect, a bit dirty though

not the model I have (Tasman)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 5:18 am
chocolate moose wrote:
I started getting shoes for around the house instead of foam slippers that rip. lately I like the kind with built in orthotics. mules, with an open back. my podiatrist says to replace them about every 2 years.

Are you able to share a link?

amother
Melon

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 10:30 am
when I got slippers at target or walmart they lasted about a year before the bottoms started to disintegrate or separate.

I got a pair of Landsend slippers on sale (for like $10 or $15--don't remember, but cheap) and have been wearing them for about 2 years. They are dirty, but still in great condition.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 6:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
Are you able to share a link?

no I can't because of the way I access imamother.com I don;t have amazon on that same wifi
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics