Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Is there a way to deep clean kids Congtigo water bottles

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:28 pm
My kids have these water bottles, and they are getting really gross. I soaked and scrubbed them as much as I could, but I can't really get into all the nooks and seams.

https://www.target.com/p/conti.....41289

I'm scared of what kind of mold and bacteria is in there. I tried taking the lid apart, but doesnt work; its all screwed together

Is there a way to completely take them apart to clean them well? Or should I assume it doesnt need to be cleaned in there if there is no way to dismantle them.

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
My kids have these water bottles, and they are getting really gross. I soaked and scrubbed them as much as I could, but I can't really get into all the nooks and seams.

https://www.target.com/p/conti.....41289

I'm scared of what kind of mold and bacteria is in there. I tried taking the lid apart, but doesnt work; its all screwed together

Is there a way to completely take them apart to clean them well? Or should I assume it doesnt need to be cleaned in there if there is no way to dismantle them.

My kids have different congnito and other bottles.
We only only only put water in it. And I wash it often (dialy buy sometimes I forget) making sure all parts are completely dried out.

How old are they? I wonder if it'll bet bad soon too.

Sorry not much help re cleaning out mold.

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:35 pm
I put mine in the dishwasher.

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:37 pm
I spray with bleach, let sit and rinse well.

lavenderchimes

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:02 pm
You need a good set of bottle brushes. And yes, they come apart in a few places.

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:02 pm
amother Quince wrote:
I spray with bleach, let sit and rinse well.
Thiis

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:11 pm
Dishwasher on sanitize cycle and only put water in there never milk or juice. Had them and ones like it for years

Eselle13

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:41 pm
I bought a few bottle brushes and it helped me clean them out better. I was able to really get into all the surfaces in the straw and the top part.

https://www.target.com/p/munch.....64859

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:44 pm
Use Congtigo for water only. Buy a thermos one for milk or juice. It is easier to reach all surfaces on them.

https://www.amazon.com/THERMOS.....r=8-4

emzod42

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:49 pm
I have different ones but I scrub periodically with thin bottle brush and soak in a vinegar/water mixture every once in a while to kill mold spores.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 3:22 pm
Bleach, bleach, bleach...

It's the only things that kills mold! Just wash well afterwards. (Bleach spray cleaner is fine too!)

I have a playgroup and regularly wash sippy cup with bleach every time I see mold! It's so unhealthy to let kids drink in those cups when you see mold!

(BTW my dd subbed in a daycare in the summer and told me most sippy cups were full of mold! If you send to daycare and leave cups there, take it home every couple of weeks to wash thoroughly with bleach!)

SuperWify

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 5:01 pm
Ew please don’t bleach them!

I use a toothpick to get to the mold and throw them out after a few months (I buy cheap water bottles for this reason, not contigo).

bsy

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 5:13 pm
SuperWify wrote:

I use a toothpick to get to the mold and throw them out after a few months (I buy cheap water bottles for this reason, not contigo).

Can you link the ones you get?

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 5:53 pm
And I use disposable water bottles for this reason or only water bottles without a spout/straw...(meaning only a water bottle with wide opening.)
Mold accumulates very quickly and and in actuality bleach spreads mycotoxins I to the air. To kill mold and mycotixins, you need vinegar or peroxide. Never ever bleach.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 9:32 pm
SuperWify wrote:

Why eww to bleach?

BrooklynBee

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 8:51 pm
I'm so scared to use toxic stuff on things that would touch food... I have the same water bottles, I wash daily with bottle and straw cleaners and every week or so sit down with toothpicks and q-tips and get all the tiny corners. I probably should replace it though... how often should these water bottles be replaced? and does vinegar actually work?

bwaybabe85

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 8:59 pm
We have these exact water bottles and use the OXO bottle brush and OXO cleaning set for straw and sippy cups. No issues if you clean them every couple of days and only use them with water.

Lotti

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 9:35 pm
Def use a solution of bleach and water. Mostly hot water a little bleach. It works magic. Let sit overnight. And wash well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry