Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
2 year old Suddenly holds food in mouth

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 21 2023, 9:19 pm
Started about a week ago. He’s usually an excellent eater, loves food. Now he started pocketing his food in his mouth for long periods of time. It’s not all foods and it’s not always but it’s frequent enough to have me concerned. Why all of a sudden? What can this be?

amother
Outerspace

Post Sat, Oct 21 2023, 9:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Started about a week ago. He’s usually an excellent eater, loves food. Now he started pocketing his food in his mouth for long periods of time. It’s not all foods and it’s not always but it’s frequent enough to have me concerned. Why all of a sudden? What can this be?

Have him be checked for throat sores (all the way at back of throat). Could be certain foods are painful for him to swallow. Happened to my kid (It was a symptom of PFAPA, google it). If no physical issues are found and the problem persists, start feeding therapy. We didn’t do feeding therapy with my kid and it ended up turning into a big issue (started off physical but then turned behavioral, still a bad eater years later).

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 21 2023, 9:59 pm
So I really went through this with a different child. It was physical with her and we did feeding therapy. We ended up removing her tonsils. But by her, it was ever since she started food like that. Now it came on suddenly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics