Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Women on Wheels
1  2  Next

Yael

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 8:57 pm
We are starting a ladies only car service in Lakewood so that there should be a safe option for all girls and women that don’t drive.

Anyone with a decent car that’s looking to make some extra money or for a side hustle, please email jobs@wowrideservice.com

sponsored post

dena613

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 9:18 pm
WOW
Hatzlacha!!!
What a great service!!!

schoolbus

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 9:29 pm
Can we do it in monsey too???

zaq

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 9:36 pm
I don't live in Lwood and I have a driver's license, so this doesn't affect me, but יישר כחכן!

strawberry cola

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 11:53 pm
the link doesn't work

ap

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:12 am
Has it started? What's their number?

GLUE

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:16 am
Does a decent car mean something that runs? Or something a little fancier then that?

jflower

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 10:41 am
strawberry cola wrote:
the link doesn't work

It's not a link but will take you to email where you can send an email to that address.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:40 pm
Yael wrote:
We are starting a ladies only car service in Lakewood so that there should be a safe option for all girls and women that don’t drive.

Anyone with a decent car that’s looking to make some extra money or for a side hustle, please email jobs@wowrideservice.com

sponsored post

Hi,

I asked Yael to post this for me. My goal is to start this as soon as I have enough drivers to make this work.

Eventually, my goal is to make it to Monsey, too, but I need to walk before I run, lol.

When I asked for decent cars, I meant not banged up and the interior to be reasonably clean.

If anyone knows anyone who might be interested in driving, please email me.

Thanks

amother
Outerspace

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:42 pm
Can you share the pay?

GLUE

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:45 pm
This week in the BP there were three people advertising women drivers in the classified.

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:46 pm
What is your plan to keep your drivers safe? Someone would call your service to get a ride with safe, pre-screened, frum ladies. But how can you know who is calling?

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:50 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
What is your plan to keep your drivers safe? Someone would call your service to get a ride with safe, pre-screened, frum ladies. But how can you know who is calling?

This. Honestly…

dena613

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 12:21 am
schoolbus wrote:
Can we do it in monsey too???

Gotta love the username!

amother
Kiwi

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 10:12 am
amother Outerspace wrote:
Can you share the pay?

Also what is the pay structure?

My friends husband did Lakeway a few years ago and discovered that he's classified as an independent contractor which makes him self-employed. He has to pay self-employment payroll taxes (which is double the regular amount) and is not eligible for any unemployment, disability or injury, insurance anything. He has to pay his own significantly higher car insurance payments and would not be able to get anything if her were to chv get injured on the job. And apparently there's a clause that if he got killed in a traffic accident while driving on the job, life insurance doesn't have to pay. He stopped as soon as possible.

Do you plan on creating a pay or benefits structure that can be better for drivers.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 9:51 am
amother Poppy wrote:

For starters, drivers should not pick up any male passengers.
(Personally, I believe all women should have mace/pepper spray on them at all times)

Also, Dispatch will be able to track all cars that are active on jobs

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 9:53 am
How will she know who she's picking up?

And are you legally allowed to say we only give rides to women? (I assume you cannot)

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 9:55 am
I’d be happy to join if I lived there

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 10:28 am
amother Kiwi wrote:
Also what is the pay structure?

My friends husband did Lakeway a few years ago and discovered that he's classified as an independent contractor which makes him self-employed. He has to pay self-employment payroll taxes (which is double the regular amount) and is not eligible for any unemployment, disability or injury, insurance anything. He has to pay his own significantly higher car insurance payments and would not be able to get anything if her were to chv get injured on the job. And apparently there's a clause that if he got killed in a traffic accident while driving on the job, life insurance doesn't have to pay. He stopped as soon as possible.

Do you plan on creating a pay or benefits structure that can be better for drivers.

As we are still in the initial stages, we are planning to set up the pay structure in a way that works best for everybody

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 12:28 pm
This is a brilliant idea!! Wow! I wonder why I didn't think of it?!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries