Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven
Being pregnant as a plus size

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:08 am
I'm the biggest Ive ever been and I would like to have another baby. I'm getting close to 40, so this may be my last one. I'm just so nervous about being pregnant at this weight. I have some varicose vein and vulver vein issues which are not fun and will most likely be worse this time around that I'm heavier ( for reference.. I'm about 5"9 & 275 pounds). I keep pushing off trying to conceive, until I loss some weight & that might take longer then I'd like.....
If you had a pregnancy at a high weight, was it ok for you? Was it a harder pregnancy than when u were at a lower weight?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:11 am
It was my easiest. I lost a lot of weight during the pregnancy didn’t have much of an appetite so it worked out for me. I felt like my body had enough reserves the baby was getting plenty from me. It was also my baby who was the best weight my others were tiny and the only one that I had zero issues during the pregnancy.

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:56 am
Same as poster above, I'm currently pregnant at my highest weight at the moment.
I feel better than all my other pregnancies and this might be exclusive to me but I'll explain why.
Last few times I was dieting like crazy before becoming pregnant and as soon as I got a positive and started feeling nauseous I threw it all away.
Automatically my weight just boomeranged, I gained a very large amount each pregnancy (50+) because my body was starving and trying to store all the fat reserves it felt it needed to sustain me.
Bh since my last baby I haven't touched a diet, I have just regulated myself.
Eating normal foods, normal meals, way less binging, no depriving myself.
It took time to regulate (I gained a nice amount post birth) but 2+ years later I am in a healthy place.
When I became pregnant this time around I guess my body wasn't in that survival mode mindset and I actually lost weight eating the same things I've always ate.
I bh have enough fat reserves for my body to take to give my baby and my midwife was perfectly fine with it.
Right now, I am almost due and am about 3 pounds heavier than when I became pregnant. (250range)
I never felt this good, I don't feel so shleppy like I'm lugging around a huge load, my feet are hurting me waaay waay less than the other times and my varicose veins are way smaller.
Don't worry I still feel pregnant but definitely much better.
So as I said, this all can be an individual to me thing but I just wanted to share how a plus size pregnancy can be fantastic and amazing even with all the naysayers.
And surprisingly enough, my chart is flagged as high risk, obese etc, I am probably feeling better and healthier than many of my midwives other paitents. Confused

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:14 am
So these were my pregnancy starting weights. I'm around 5.5

And now I started my pregnancy at 250. Weirdly enough I lost weight and I am eating well. I'm almost due and I now weigh maybe 245 less then I started. Bh my pregnancy has not been harder then the other ones, other than more contractions in my 8th which doesn't have to do with weight. Every person is different. Good luck OP

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:26 am
amother Pearl wrote:
So these were my pregnancy starting weights. I'm around 5.5

And now I started my pregnancy at 250. Weirdly enough I lost weight and I am eating well. I'm almost due and I now weigh maybe 245 less than I started. Bh my pregnancy has not been harder than the other ones, other than more contractions in my 8th which doesn't have to do with weight. Every person is different. Good luck OP

Isn't it crazy how I've heard this so many times from heavier people and the medical world is still warning us that we are more at risk of things, more complications in pregnancy, higher chance of larger babies etc when personal evidence has shown so differently?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:31 am
I was 275 at the beginning of my last pregnancy and it was harder overall compared to my other one where I weighed less. I had high blood pressure readings throughout so they were worried about pre-eclampsia. Everything was healthy BH on the end but it was stressful.

I would try to lose weight before having another one but if it isn't working, I would just go ahead with TTC.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:40 am
I was heavier than that by most of my pregnancies.
BH uncomplicated pregnancies.

I think the varicose veins are more genetic, my sisters in law who are all thin have terrible varicose veins, including vulvar, and I bh don't.

No blood pressure issues BH.

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:01 am
Currently at 270 and 38 weeks pregnant.

Haven’t had any complications bH, except the non stop push to retake the sugar test cause there’s no way I don’t have gestational diabetes at this weight.

BH weigh a bit less than when I got pregnant and looking forward to the 20lb drop postpartum with the baby, placenta and water weight drop.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven