Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tri state area - Short term schools and location

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:47 am
Asking for a friend.
Looking for a location that has an easy commute into Manhattan to spend 1-2 months in. Biggest concern is needing a chasidish or very frum schools for elementary age girl and boy willing to take them for that amount of time. The son does have curly peyos so would need a school he would fit in but they are a more open minded family (parents have high profile tech jobs in the non jewish world)

Does anything like that exist? Most important would be school names.

TIA!

amother
Mintgreen

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:51 am
I don't think any chassidish school would take kids just for a couple of months, unless they belong to that specific chassidus & the school knows that family well.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:53 am
Will they pay full tuition?
Maybe staten island school

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:54 am
Yes, they would pay full.
Do you have a name for the Staten Island schools?

amother
DarkGray

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:57 am
That’s a hard ask of any school. Can they do one of the online school programs?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:04 am
Yeshiva ketana not chassidish but very frum
+1 (347) 205-7504
There another chasidish schools but I don't know details

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:05 am
maybe beis yaakov of the lower east side?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:07 am
Thank you for the suggestions, I really appreciate it.
What are the names of boys schools in the Lower East Side?

newinbp

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:32 am
is this because of a medical need? or related to the war in israel? I think usually schools don't take for a short time like this but in extenuating circumstances I'm sure almost all would, no? I mean jewish people care about jewish neshamas having a school to go to, especially if tuition is not an issue. do they belong to a specific chassidus? the staff at beis yakov bp, gan yisroel, satmar, and vein are all very kind maybe speak to them hatzlacha raba!! hope it goes easy for you

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:35 am
It is because of the war in Israel.
The staff you mentioned was that specific to Boro Park? They prefer to start looking outside of Boro Park.
Thank you so much.

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:38 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes, they would pay full.
Do you have a name for the Staten Island schools?

Staten Island is NOT an easy commute to NYC. I live there and it easily takes close to 2 hours. There is a chassidish cheider up to Kiteh Daled and a chassidish girls schools up to 3rd grade. If these ages work for you I can post the numbers.

water883

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:42 am
Williamsburg is the closest to the city and many of the bigger schools definitely do it for affiliateed families or if you just have some type of connection.

eagle

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:43 am
Most important is the chasidish boys school.
I will pass along the info regarding the commute. You can pm me the school info if you feel more comfortable.
Thank you

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:44 am
[quote="amother Burntblack"]Staten Island is NOT an easy commute to NYC. I live there and it easily takes close to 2 hours. There is a chassidish cheider up to Kiteh Daled and a chassidish girls schools up to 3rd grade. If these ages work for you I can post the numbers.[/quote

SI is part of NYC; you mean it’s not an easy commute to Manhattan

newinbp

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:09 am
amother OP wrote:
It is because of the war in Israel.
The staff you mentioned was that specific to Boro Park? They prefer to start looking outside of Boro Park.
Thank you so much.

wow, hatzlacha raba. yes specific to boro park. maybe try gan yisroel boys in boro park, chassidish and small classes.

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 11:12 am
amother Burntblack wrote:
Staten Island is NOT an easy commute to NYC. I live there and it easily takes close to 2 hours. There is a chassidish cheider up to Kiteh Daled and a chassidish girls schools up to 3rd grade. If these ages work for you I can post the numbers.

Pretty simple commute if you take the ferry 🤷🏼‍♀️

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 12:55 am
amother OP wrote:
Asking for a friend.
Looking for a location that has an easy commute into Manhattan to spend 1-2 months in. Biggest concern is needing a chasidish or very frum schools for elementary age girl and boy willing to take them for that amount of time. The son does have curly peyos so would need a school he would fit in but they are a more open minded family (parents have high profile tech jobs in the non jewish world)

Does anything like that exist? Most important would be school names.

TIA!

Veretzky cheder maybe

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 4:56 am
amother Anemone wrote:
Pretty simple commute if you take the ferry 🤷🏼‍♀️

You have to get to the ferry

I lived there and know what Amother Burntblack is talking about
On average it has the longest commute from any place in the city and longer then places from NJ.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 5:43 am
There’s a kid in my sons class who came because of the war. I’m not comfortable posting the schools name even anonymously but if you decide where you want to commute to look up schools in the area . Best is probably to have another school parent call for you.

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 8:07 am
How old is the girl? Do they speak emglish?
By of lower east side may take her. However, it is not at all a chassidish school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating