Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Never Alone-Bracha Jaffe-male recording?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 7:02 pm
I want my husband and sons to hear this incredible song. Is there a recording somewhere of any men (or boys) singing it?

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 7:08 pm
I wish!! Also looking...

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
I want my husband and sons to hear this incredible song. Is there a recording somewhere of any men (or boys) singing it?

I just put it through a female to male voice changer and uploaded to my drive.Totally sounds male and still really good! Here's the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/.....vesdk

socialbutterfly

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:36 pm
amother Broom wrote:
I just put it through and female to male voice changer and uploaded to my drive.totally sounds male and still really good! Here's the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/.....vesdk

This is so cool.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:52 pm
Are you sure this is halachakly alright? It's still a female singing. I am really good at impersonating voices, so can I just sing in front of men in a really deep tone? Maybe I'm wrong, but this doesn't feel right to me... Something tells me she wouldn't want random men hearing her sing, even with her voice deepened.

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:56 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
Are you sure this is halachakly alright? It's still a female singing. I am really good at impersonating voices, so can I just sing in front of men in a really deep tone? Maybe I'm wrong, but this doesn't feel right to me...

I never thought of this. A machine made their voices unrecognizable. And it's a recording rather than live which is already more lenient. So you singing in front of men deeply is very different than this.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:56 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
Are you sure this is halachakly alright? It's still a female singing. I am really good at impersonating voices, so can I just sing in front of men in a really deep tone? Maybe I'm wrong, but this doesn't feel right to me... Something tells me she wouldn't want random men hearing her sing, even with her voice deepened.

Was wondering the same...

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:01 pm
Soo cool. I love it! But a shayla should be asked if men could hear it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:04 pm
I guess I would l want to hear from a Rav before I listened but thank you so much for posting it!
Can someone post if they get a psak?

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:11 pm
I can't imagine it's an issue. If you listen to it ,it actually sounds creepy. Also, if you're that worried about halacha, you shouldn't be online either-just saying

amother
Camellia

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:23 pm
amother Broom wrote:
I can't imagine it's an issue. If you listen to it ,it actually sounds creepy. Also, if you're that worried about halacha, you shouldn't be online either-just saying

What does one have to do with the other? And being online is not a Halacha. Men listening to women singing is..

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:21 pm
amother Broom wrote:

I don't think it sounds creepy. I think even with the change, you can still hear the technique and her personal touch. It does still sound like her, just on a much lower note.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:23 pm
So actually, I know that this is how some of the female composers get their songs to male singers. They send an altered, male-sounding version to the artist who will be singing it. Not going to pasken for you, but it seems like this is not the same as listening to kol isha.

Kabbalos

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 4:21 pm
Whats the link for the website to convert female to male that you used? not to use for a man, just need it for something else

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 4:51 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:

Pretty sure Chayala Neuhaus has said she does this when she needs to sing a song to show a male singer how it’s meant to be sung.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 6:43 pm
amother Snow wrote:
Pretty sure Chayala Neuhaus has said she does this when she needs to sing a song to show a male singer how it’s meant to be sung.

Quite sure there is a distinction between someone doing something for a job vrs pleasure. BY high-school plays usually have male technicians, but we would never allow a man in the audience.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts