Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Rome Wants to Return Temple Vessels to Israel
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:22 pm
Someone I respect sent me this article.

https://www.israel365news.com/.....rael/

I’m wondering if it’s actually true? Has anyone seen anything else on this topic?

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:44 pm
There’s a video from the source confirming it

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:45 pm
A friend sent me the article earlier today. Amazing if true.

I did an internet search but only found a Reddit discussion and another article that both cited the Israel365 website as the source.

Miranda Wright

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:49 pm
Can you share a link for the video? I haven't seen any corroboration of this from any well-known sources. I don't doubt that an Italian parliamentarian may have expressed some positive thoughts about Israel, but I would love to see a firsthand report. And of course I would love to see the keilim back in Israel!

cbsp

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:51 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
A friend sent me the article earlier today. Amazing if true.

I did an internet search but only found a Reddit discussion and another article that both cited the Israel365 website as the source.

Halevai it's true, sounds suspicious.

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:52 pm
The site you linked appears to be a Xtian organization with their own agenda, which makes me somewhat cynical. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'd be more optimistic if it were reported in a reliable Jewish source.

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:52 pm
I thought no one knows where they are.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:53 pm
I have the video, it’s not on YouTube, I don’t know how to upload here

cbsp

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:59 pm
amother Starflower wrote:
The site you linked appears to be a Xtian organization with their own agenda, which makes me somewhat cynical. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'd be more optimistic if it were reported in a reliable Jewish source.

Claims to be orthodox, run by a YU guy:
https://www.israel365.com/about/

Rabbi Tuly Weisz​ – Israel365 Founder
Rabbi Tuly Weisz is the founder of Israel365 and the editor of “The Israel Bible,” the first Bible dedicated to highlighting the relationship between the Land and the People of Israel.
Rabbi Tuly is a columnist for Israel365news, the Jerusalem Post, Fox News and Newsmax who writes passionately about Israel, the Bible and Jewish-Christian relations. In addition to his writings, Rabbi Tuly has appeared alongside Alan Dershowitz on ILTV, on CBN’s “700 Club”, Daystar, Israel National News, TBN and numerous other television appearances.

Rabbi Weisz attended Yeshiva University (BA), Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary (Rabbinic Ordination) and the Benjamin Cardozo School of Law (JD) and served as the Rabbi of the Beth Jacob Congregation in Columbus, Ohio before making Aliyah to Israel.
Rabbi Tuly lives with his wife and is blessed with 6 children and lives in Ramat Beit Shemesh, Israel.

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:57 pm
cbsp wrote:
Claims to be orthodox, run by a YU guy:
https://www.israel365.com/about/

Rabbi Tuly Weisz​ – Israel365 Founder
Rabbi Tuly Weisz is the founder of Israel365 and the editor of “The Israel Bible,” the first Bible dedicated to highlighting the relationship between the Land and the People of Israel.
Rabbi Tuly is a columnist for Israel365news, the Jerusalem Post, Fox News and Newsmax who writes passionately about Israel, the Bible and Jewish-Christian relations. In addition to his writings, Rabbi Tuly has appeared alongside Alan Dershowitz on ILTV, on CBN’s “700 Club”, Daystar, Israel National News, TBN and numerous other television appearances.

Rabbi Weisz attended Yeshiva University (BA), Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary (Rabbinic Ordination) and the Benjamin Cardozo School of Law (JD) and served as the Rabbi of the Beth Jacob Congregation in Columbus, Ohio before making Aliyah to Israel.
Rabbi Tuly lives with his wife and is blessed with 6 children and lives in Ramat Beit Shemesh, Israel.

So you think it's true?

Optione

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:13 pm
I think this is where my Emunah comes in. Reminds me of the story where the guy is drowning but doesn't accept the boost tide but G-d will save him.

I'm going to believe it true simply but I do badly WANT it to be true

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:36 pm
Optione wrote:
I think this is where my Emunah comes in. Reminds me of the story where the guy is drowning but doesn't accept the boost tide but G-d will save him.

I'm going to believe it true simply but I do badly WANT it to be true

Yes me too.
Question will we be allowed to light the menorah If we get it back?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 7:34 am
If it’s true, why is there only one article about it on the whole internet?

What did it say in All For the Boss about the Keilim, didn’t Reb Yaakov Yosef Herman or someone he knew, see them?

cbsp

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 7:41 am
amother OP wrote:
If it’s true, why is there only one article about it on the whole internet?

What did it say in All For the Boss about the Keilim, didn’t Reb Yaakov Yosef Herman or someone he knew, see them?

To your first point, that's why I'm skeptical. DH also points out the the keilim are in the Vatican which is a different country than Italy...

The story in All for the Boss was about finding only the Aron, not the keilim prominently displayed on the Arch of Titus ym"sh

Miranda Wright

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 7:59 am
cbsp wrote:
To your first point, that's why I'm skeptical. DH also points out the the keilim are in the Vatican which is a different country than Italy...

I mean the Vatican is geographically located inside Rome. I'm sure Italy has a lot of political influence.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 8:49 am
No idea if it's true, but if it is the timing is fabulous, fits right in with the feeling that Mashiach on our doorstep....

octopus

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 9:00 am
One person in Rome cannot give back the keilim. He did say in the article it would be incredibly difficult. I would think that the government has to be involved in that. But one never knows..

Success10

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 9:03 am
I think it was just more shocking that someone on inside is finally admitting to even having the keilim, even if he has no actual authority to return them. They've been pretty tight-lipped about this for the last 2,000 years.

iyar

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 9:08 am
amother Catmint wrote:
Yes me too.
Question will we be allowed to light the menorah If we get it back?

What an interesting question.
We’re all tamei.
On the other hand טומאה הותרה בציבור
I’m guessing when we get it back there’ll be someone around who’s not on imamother who will let us know 🙂

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 5:10 pm
Whatever happened in the end? Was it a bust.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions