Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What weird trend do you remember?
  1  2  3  19  20  21  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:03 pm
Dh and I were chatting today and at some point it came up that his grandmother had a bathroom in her home that was entirely covered in mirrors. And I said hey, my grandmother too! It must have been a trend for that generation at some point I guess. Then we laughed a bit about how weird that was, because we both agreed that it was so weird to use the mirror bathroom. So first of all, anyone per chance have a grandmother (or mother, or maybe yourself) who had a mirror bathroom? Or any other weird things that you remember were once trendy and now you shake your head wondering what everyone was collectively thinking? Let's keep this light and entertaining!

ittsamother

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:07 pm
Popcorn ceilings!! Why was that ever a thing?? My sister bought a house in Baltimore years ago that had a popcorn WALL! In the room that became the playroom, of all things. So every time the kids start horsing around you have to worry that one of them will land up hard against the wall and lose a swath of skin thanks to the murderous popcorn wall. Whyyyy.

hodeez

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:08 pm
When guys wore multiple raised collars. Frosted eyeshadow. Butterfly clips.
The 90s were interesting

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:08 pm
Hahaha in dh's grandfather's house there's a bathroom with mirrors all over! A little disturbing to watch yourself on the toilet Very Happy
I think our grandchildren will feel the same way about basin sinks... like why did you forget to install it into the vanity?

amother
Peru

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:10 pm
Low ceilings in condos! I live in a condo built circa 1970 and the ceilings are barely 8ft. This was done so the third floors shouldn't be too high up but seriously?!?!?! Everything feels more claustrophobic and the apt is a decent size

amf

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:11 pm
Hair 'pops' with headbands- I cringe looking back at pics

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:13 pm
ittsamother wrote:
Popcorn ceilings!! Why was that ever a thing?? My sister bought a house in Baltimore years ago that had a popcorn WALL! In the room that became the playroom, of all things. So every time the kids start horsing around you have to worry that one of them will land up hard against the wall and lose a swath of skin thanks to the murderous popcorn wall. Whyyyy.

Omg my neighbor had a popcorn wall! It hurt so bad every time you bumped into it!

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:14 pm
amf wrote:
Hair 'pops' with headbands- I cringe looking back at pics

Omg yes the bigger the bump the cooler you were. Banana clips but those were actually nice on some people

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:16 pm
Wife-beaters (2005)

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:17 pm
(we would stick them out from under our shirts)

dankbar

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:18 pm
Why did station wagons have backward seats, you just got so dizzy and nauseous

happy chick

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:21 pm
My mil had a bathroom that was completely mirror. I could never figure that one out. 🤔

What about leg warmers?

imthatawesome

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:21 pm
My grandparents didn’t have a mirror bathroom but growing up, EVERYONE’s bathroom was rose scented. I associate rose scent with the 90’s

amother
Pistachio

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:22 pm
Shoulder pads

Dips heavily hairsprays. The highter the cooler IYKYN

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:23 pm
I understand all of the trends because by definition a trend is hot when it’s in style and when it’s not “in” it seems weird.
But the mirror bathrooms seem really weird no matter the style of the time.

amother
Diamond

I remember Furbees. They came with a whole ridiculous backstory, something about falling from mountains? But it was sooooo cool to have one! They walked! They wobbled!

amother
Marigold

amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Wife-beaters (2005)

If you mean undershirts, my kids wear them. It’s more comfortable than a shirt directly on the body.

dankbar

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:28 pm
Why was being dressed up as a witch a normal Purim costume with green mask with warts...

How were scratchy woolen blankets supposed to be comfortable, or hard infant seats or wooden clogs?

Why was it a thing to have your hair blow dryed and down in a shoulder length haircut and also wearing heels to school daily?

Or fancy outfits to camp?

amother
Watermelon

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:31 pm
Shamballa bracelets were so ugly

dankbar

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 9:37 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
I remember Furbees. They came with a whole ridiculous backstory, something about falling from mountains? But it was sooooo cool to have one! They walked! They wobbled!

What about cabbage patch dolls with a whole lettuce patch baby hospital?
Page 1 of 21   1  2  3  19  20  21  Next Recent Topics