Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
I Need a Huge Favor From Someone in E"Y
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 12:32 pm
I hesitate to post this because with all that's going on it really seems trivial.
DD is in seminary. She needs necessities but I can't find anyone going now. I've tried shipping it to her (it cost $73 just shipping) but after all that the package came back to me.
Is there someone in E"Y that's willing to make an Amazon order for her? Preferably in Yerushalayim so she can pick it up from you. I will give you my cc info. It would be a huge help!

amother
Birch

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 12:34 pm
It’s not trivial and if I’d live in Israel I’d definitely want to help you. I hope someone will volunteer.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 12:36 pm
Just saying alot of amazon stuff is not shipping free at the moment

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 12:36 pm
I'm in Yerushalayim and happy to help. Does it have to be Amazon? can I send you to stores in Israel so there aren't issues with shipping?

balance

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 12:37 pm
Tell me what she needs and I'll see where you can order online in Israel. Imports are impossible at the moment.

amother
Lightblue

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 12:38 pm
You can go onto amazon and set your shipping address to her Israeli address

aaa2

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 12:40 pm
Or go to shufersal.co.il or ramilevy

balance

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 12:41 pm
Toiletries etc you can order from here https://shop.super-pharm.co.il/ straight to her dorm. It won't help to order Amazon to Israel because it's the shipping that's an issue now.

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 12:42 pm
AFAIK Amazon isn't shipping now. I heard from many people that their orders were stuck at the warehouse and never shipped.

Please write what she needs, I'm happy to try to tell you where it can be purchased here, or what the equivalent is here.

ray family

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 12:47 pm
Amazon isn’t shipping.
Unless she specifically needs something from America, she can try to go to local stores.
What does she need.
Maybe can direct you.

Brit in Israel

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 12:48 pm
She should try going to Shaul Temurkim (hope it's spelt correctly) there is a big one just off the corner of the new Sharai Revocha and Atza Sushi.
The street is called Brandies.
They have a very big variety of toiletries of international brands.
If she specifically needs stuff from Amazon happy to do it to me but I live on the outskirts of Jerusalem.
PM me if needed

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 12:50 pm
What does she need? Maybe we can tell her where to get things locally to where she is.

groisamomma

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 1:25 pm
I'm honestly so touched that so many people cared and offered to help so quickly. I have the list of things at home (whatever she can get in Yerushalayim would be amazing but she would need to be told where to go). The most pressing thing right now is her sneakers fell apart and she needs new ones. I usually order size 10 puma for her on Amazon. If anyone finds it there I would buy her a few to last for the year.
PUMA Women's Carina Sneaker
https://a.co/d/7mz5s5K

I will check the rest of her list when I get home after work. Thank you so so much!!!

Success10

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 1:34 pm
Puma is sold here in Jerusalem, but she might have to go to the mall to find it. Some seminaries don't allow this. Do you know if she's allowed? And specifically during the current situation can she go out?

Last edited by Success10 on Mon, Oct 30 2023, 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Iymnok

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 1:34 pm
I’m pretty sure I saw that shoe at Moshiko in the Ramot mall.

Success10

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 1:40 pm
If she doesn't need to try it on, then this should work. Not the exact same model, but it comes in her size. https://il.puma.com/il/he/pd/%.....or=06

groisamomma

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:54 pm
Success10 wrote:
Puma is sold here in Jerusalem, but she might have to go to the mall to find it. Some seminaries don't allow this. Do you know if she's allowed? And specifically during the current situation can she go out?

I'm dropping the anon because at this point I'm too overwhelmed to care. I need the help and doing it under my username makes it easier for people to PM me.

She says there's a store in Yaffo (sp?) that has sneakers but it's an Arab owner and she's scared to go in. She asked me if she's being reasonable. For those living there, can she shop there safely or rather stay away? Do you know this store?

Success10 wrote:
If she doesn't need to try it on, then this should work. Not the exact same model, but it comes in her size. https://il.puma.com/il/he/pd/%.....or=06

These are almost exactly what she needs. I put some pairs in the cart but the website only lets me pay in shekalim, not USD. I can't figure out how to navigate it. Is there anyone that can place the order for me and I'll Zelle you the money beforehand? Also, I'd rather send it to a residence than to her dorm after the last package I mailed to her came home. I know it's asking for a lot to keep people busy with these things but I would so appreciate it!

groisamomma

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 11:22 pm
These are the things she needs. Can anyone tell me where to order them from that ships to Israel? (I literally have everything at home, I just don't know anyone going that can take this many things.) I checked on the websites people posted above but they don't have these items.

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel: https://a.co/d/2r0CW1k

Toothbrush refills that go with Oral-B Braun toothbrush:
https://a.co/d/eEiHClL

Loctite (gel, not liquid): https://a.co/d/hJhAtoG

Iced tea packets like Crystal Light (she says the water has a taste?)

Face mask for sleeping (thick, black) and earplugs (her dorm is noisy)

Thank you for all your help!!!

6000miles

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 12:28 am
Tell your daughter to go to Superpharm and she will find everything she needs plus. There’s one in Center 1 on Yirmiyahu, one in Mamilla and one in Tachana Markazit.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions