Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Games for 9, 10 year old and me?

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 9:15 am
I play with my 9 and 10 year old games. We play rummy, set, dominoes (also with my 5 year old), and boggle. We, meaning me, are kind of getting tired of them. Does anyone know of any other games that I can get that we can play. For shabbos or not, makes no difference. It can't be a word or reading game because than it would be in spanish Rolling Eyes . I have mille bornes, but I can't figure out how to play. I also have uno, checkers, chess, and backgammon, which I don't really care for or don't know how to play and don't care to learn.
TIA

Aidelmom

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 9:20 am
abalone, but I don't know if you can get it there. Its for 2 people at a time though. Stratego, battleship , spit (w/ playing cards) , go fish(also w/ cards) Those are a few. I for sure know of more but my mind is going blank.

cookielady

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 9:23 am
othello, blink, guess who? guess where? all easy with no reading necessary.

Pineapple

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:50 am
Bannana Gram - its like scarabble but it doesnt need a board it comes in a bannana pouch - you can get it only in a jewish toy store (it was invented by a jew who only sold it to jewish places)

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:24 am
Kids' monopoly.

Bzgirl

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:33 am
Bingo, or Guess Who? that could be fun! You're so cute for playing with them, I used to loove playing games with my mother, theres something special about it (maybe the attention?! lol)

Bsimcha

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 12:34 pm
In my house my favorites are: othello, mastemind and uno, we play a few games with the cards.
Others have mentioned bingo, monopoly,stratego etc.
I personally don't play any junior games, not with any kid over 8, any that I bought I regreted, when I play with them I'd rather help them learn the "real" game, when they play with friends then I let them.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 12:36 pm
We play Mastermind, Trivial Pursuit for Kids, Stratego, Quarto, Set and many more.

agh

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 1:48 pm
apple to apple junior
uno
discovery toys make a great game I think called a to z you get a topic and you have to say answers that start with each alphabet letter. there is an alphabet board and chips and a timer etc... my kids love it

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 5:01 pm
Thank you everybody!! I went to a store that carries a lot of games and keeping this list in mind, all I found was othello Crying . I don't even like othello because I never won. Maybe I'll beat my kids Wink LOL . I did also get yahtzee. I really wanted mastermind because I love that game, but they don't sell it here Crying . I never bought it because I always had a little baby in the house and might eat the pieces if they fall, but my son has a ton of leggo and that's worse. The baby doesn't crawl yet, so it's okay for now Wink .

Dandelion1

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 7:48 pm
we love Mancala-- simple, relaxing, and sort of addictive!

Also Blokus, but this might be harder to find.

cookielady

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 8:24 pm
jellybean wrote:
we love Mancala-- simple, relaxing, and sort of addictive!

Also Blokus, but this might be harder to find.

our family loves both of those. I cant get the hang of blokus, but my kids are great at it.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 8:27 pm
Monopoly
checkers
life
risk
guess who

greenfire

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 8:33 pm
another vote for mancala ...

there's a game called "rushhour" where you have to set up cars I a certain way and see if you can get the "red" one out from the traffic jam ... comes with a deck of cards for set up and you can purchase more decks with more detailed set up ... we used to have FUN playing !!!

imokay

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 3:52 pm
some have already been mentioned, but here is a list of my favorites:
risk, pictionary, taboo, clue, twister, I know u said no word games but I just had to mention scrabble, monopoly, life, set, war and spit if u play with playing cards, tribond, bolderdash, jenga
I miss playing all these games- guess I need to wait for my kids to grow up so someone will play with me!

Stepmum

Post Sat, Aug 02 2008, 5:33 pm
Another game that needs no reading is a game called 'Set'. http://www.setgame.com/

You can play snakes and ladders, or ludo. Blokus is fun - but I think you need four players.

When I saw this thread I thought 'great, I know tons of games', but now my mind's gone blank, so... If I remember anymore, I'll post!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics