Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
We’re negative $311 and it’s Tuesday and
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 5:55 pm
We wont be getting any more money until Friday. It’s constantly like this and it’s going to be freezing this week in nyc and I don’t have a penny to buy my teen dd a coat. Will have to wait until Friday to buy food for Shabbos. And pay the bills that are on turn off notice and then once again be left with nothing or negative. Due to our ds medical issues I have a million appointments and can’t work right now. Are there any remote jobs I can work at night or very early morning? Jobs that don’t need specific hours? Any legit websites I can look for one that doesn’t make you sign up for a thousand things like so many indeed jobs.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 5:59 pm
Try making a taskrabbit account and putting in any skills you think you can handle for remote work. It might bring you some extra income

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 5:59 pm
Try fiverr...Dh uses them for some freelance work that's not necessarily super skilled/difficult, but just a bit time consuming.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 6:01 pm
What size is your teen, I have a beautiful warm coat size 2 give or take

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 6:06 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
What size is your teen, I have a beautiful warm coat size 2 give or take

Tx for the offer but she’s a 4/6

amother
Cornsilk

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 6:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
Tx for the offer but she’s a 4/6

Can I buy her a coat online and ship it to you?

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 6:28 pm
Bobbie's Place is a gmach that gives out brand new coats

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 6:32 pm
Anyone else need it? It’s from Mommy3b2c and I’ve taken very good care of it!
BH I can now afford to buy a new one so I’d love to pass it forward.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 7:23 pm
In Monsey there's a coat gemach, I'm sure there's one in Brooklyn. Look in the local papers or the Hakhel online gemach listing.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 7:26 pm
bobbys place has and there are so many chats where people give away items pls join your local chat. there are gemachs for almost anything nobody should be without a coat.

SG18

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 12:36 am
Rev is good for transcription. You can choose when you want to work

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 3:33 am
SG18 wrote:
Rev is good for transcription. You can choose when you want to work

I've done Rev. At the end if the day you make about $10/an hour. It's ridiculous. And I'm good at it.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 3:46 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
I've done Rev. At the end if the day you make about $10/an hour. It's ridiculous. And I'm good at it.

It's not a lot, but it's not nothing when you need some cash.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 6:01 am
I'm wondering what type of size 2 coat you have? I ordered a 4/6 small coat and it's a bit big on my daughter. Maybe I should send it to OP and take the used size 2. Where are you located? I'm in Midwood area.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 6:03 am
I'm so sorry OP! I'm in the exact same boat right now and it's not easy!!!
My son outgrew his coat but at least he has a coat. Hopefully I'll be able to afford a new one when sales start. The only thing I spend on is food.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 6:44 am
Dd has a coat from last yr that’s very snug in her. She’ll wear till we order her a new one by the end of the week. I’m looking for more of ideas for a solution to ride out this hard time. Any tried and true ideas or jobs that can b done at random off hours.

Thank you to all that has given me ideas I will look into them and see if they are right for me. Thank you to the wonderful woman who offered to buy dd a coat. She has had her eye on the alo coat which is on sale now for around 175. I will not b shnorish and I kno we can find cheaper coat but those with teens know sometimes u buy them the one thing a yr that will make a huge difference on how they feel about themselves. And this coat is the thing that will make her feel more confident.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 6:54 am
Can I zelle u money for a coat?
I couldn’t buy food for y”t a few years ago and a few imamothers zelled me money. Literally saved me

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 7:17 am
amother OP wrote:
Dd has a coat from last yr that’s very snug in her. She’ll wear till we order her a new one by the end of the week. I’m looking for more of ideas for a solution to ride out this hard time. Any tried and true ideas or jobs that can b done at random off hours.

Thank you to all that has given me ideas I will look into them and see if they are right for me. Thank you to the wonderful woman who offered to buy dd a coat. She has had her eye on the alo coat which is on sale now for around 175. I will not b shnorish and I kno we can find cheaper coat but those with teens know sometimes u buy them the one thing a yr that will make a huge difference on how they feel about themselves. And this coat is the thing that will make her feel more confident.

OP I feel for you a lot. It must be incredibly hard to not have money to pay for necessities. In the nicest way possible, What is important here is to teach your daughter than a brand name alo coat is not a necessity for the family right now and a regular non brand name coat is. If you start down the path of spending your money that you need for necessities on the brand name items for your daughter it will never end. If your daughter wants that coat then id recommend she pay the difference it would cost by babysitting or some other job she can get. And I have a teen who always asks for different brand name items also and if I can afford it then great, and if I cant then the answer is no. Its ok to tell your kids you cant afford something. Which when you're stating you are negative $311 in your account you actually cant afford it. Kids need to understand the value of money or they end up in situations down the road where they cant afford items for their own families.

InnerPrincess

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 7:42 am
Coming to recommend fiverr, which I see someone did already, or Upwork. Check the BP weekly in Lakewood-- TONS of jobs, many that are possible for remote, many that are possible for part time, hopefully some that are both.
Tutoring pays A LOT- can you call your children's schools and ask if there's anyone who's looking for a tutor?
If you drive, that's a lot of paying oppurtunities as well....
Hatzlacha!!! Wishing you every luck!!!

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 9:07 am
amother Sand wrote:
OP I feel for you a lot. It must be incredibly hard to not have money to pay for necessities. In the nicest way possible, What is important here is to teach your daughter than a brand name alo coat is not a necessity for the family right now and a regular non brand name coat is. If you start down the path of spending your money that you need for necessities on the brand name items for your daughter it will never end. If your daughter wants that coat then id recommend she pay the difference it would cost by babysitting or some other job she can get. And I have a teen who always asks for different brand name items also and if I can afford it then great, and if I cant then the answer is no. Its ok to tell your kids you cant afford something. Which when you're stating you are negative $311 in your account you actually cant afford it. Kids need to understand the value of money or they end up in situations down the road where they cant afford items for their own families.
When I grew up, my parents didn;t have $$. But I never knew it and was certainly never educated about spending because of it. I am so grateful that I didn't know. I knew were far from rich but not that my parents had debt to pay off.
I wasn't a kid that needed a lot but when I did want something which was important to me I usually got it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics