Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Food = relax

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 12:14 am
So for me, food = relaxing time and relaxing time = food.
I know this is not a healthy approach, but I haven't been able to change it.
It is deeply ingrained in me.
I've worked with a nutritionist and I've also worked with a coach.

One thing that worked for me a few years ago was intermittent fasting. (It doesn't work anymore for me.). At that time, I had one healthy meal every day and one pint of ice cream. And I did lose weight. The problem was that those 20 minutes with the ice cream and a dose of imamother were the highlight of my day. Not really the highlight, but I looked forward to it all day and was disappointed when it was over.

I'm just trying to explain that this is my mindset and I don't think I could change it.

That's the background.

So the question is - I'm thinking about going on one of those Ozempic type medications. I really need to lose weight and I can't think of any other way that would work for me. Regular dieting, noom, weight watchers, those won't work. OA would probably be good for me but I can't pull it off.

But I'm worried what's going to happen if I go on weight loss injections and then suddenly food isn't so enjoyable anymore. I'm going to be at a loss for how to unwind.

Yes I know there's yoga and adult coloring books and calling a friend and going for a walk. But I'm very attached to relaxing with food and I don't know how I'll manage if food loses it's appeal.

Please - to anyone responding - BE NICE.

I'm looking for people's thoughts, but I'm especially looking for people who have been on these medications and could tell me what it's like to lose the pleasure of food.

Thank you!

PS I also have a fear of throwing up. How much do I have to worry about that with these meds?

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 1:13 am
This is a great question. Following to hear responses.

I kind of see it like "enjoying food" being a sense like the five senses. Taking away that enjoyment would be a real loss.

If it was temporary maybe it would be worthwhile, but for a lifetime (as these drugs seem to require), not sure if it's worth the tradeoff.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 10:01 pm
so right, Holly, you explained it so well!

bumping -
please anyone who's been on these meds, please reply!

Thanks!

stepmama

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 10:16 pm
You will probably regain the weight as soon as u stop taking it

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 10:21 pm
I think I can say with certainty that I’m certain that if it’s working for you then you’ll develop new ways of relaxing and enjoying. I’ll be happy to share my experience if you pm me

amother
PlumPink

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 8:44 am
I definitely enjoy my food on the shots. However I can’t just eat unlimited quantities. I eat, enjoy and then stop. I am actually so proud that I’m THAT person who can put down a plate of food mid eating. I say go for it.
I do acknowledge that this is a long term thing, if I would go off I would probably go right back to bad habits. I do want to work on why I overeat but life is so hectic…

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 3:31 pm
Thank you!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise