Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Purée baby food/infant cereal recipe ideas

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 11:06 am
I get a lot of purée baby foods and infant cereal from WIC and I’d really like to use them. Can anyone please send tried and true recipes using these items? I have all different types of jars of baby food (squash, peas, carrots, peach etc etc) so I’m open to anything!

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 11:16 am
amother OP wrote:
I get a lot of purée baby foods and infant cereal from WIC and I’d really like to use them. Can anyone please send tried and true recipes using these items? I have all different types of jars of baby food (squash, peas, carrots, peach etc etc) so I’m open to anything!

You can make soups, muffins/cakes/kugels….

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 12:43 pm
Thanks but I’m looking for actual recipes with exact amounts. I can’t really guess how many containers of carrot baby food go into a cake

SG18

Post Sat, Nov 04 2023, 1:36 pm
Google "baby food muffins" with whatever fruit/vegetable you have

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sat, Nov 04 2023, 4:11 pm
I've never made it but whoever has, have said it's amazing!

Apologize for misspellings as I had pregnancy brain, and please let them know that I add a tsp of vanilla extract to the cake batter as well. Oh, and let them know that they can use any combination of carrots. 2 cups baby food, 2 cups shredded baby carrots, or one of each."

Here it is. https://ibb.co/rsKVFKk

*Cook in a Bundt pan for 1 hour. Cupcakes are 23-24 minutes depending on gas or electric

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Nov 04 2023, 8:42 pm
amother OP wrote:

Carrot muffins with 3 baby jars.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....e0d12

Season chicken all over (under skin as well) with garlic and salt. Pour 2 plum or apricot or other fruit jar over the chicken and bake like you would with duck sauce. 375 uncovered for 1.5 hours.

Combine 2 jars sweet potatoes, 2 jars butternut squash and same amount of water (fill the 4 empty jars) in a small pot. Season with salt and garlic. Bring to a boil and lower heat to simmer for 5 minutes. Serve steaming soup in bowls.

cindyh

Post Sat, Nov 04 2023, 9:11 pm
I've spread about 4 fruit flavored jars on a Parchment paper on a metal sheet pan. I baked it on 200 for about 5 hours, or until completely dry. You get delicious free fruit leather!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 10:47 am
Bump. Please keep them coming I appreciate it! Recipes with exact measurements

bsy

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 1:10 pm
The carrot cake recipe (I think it's from Miriam pascal) uses carrot jars. I made the same recipe using banana jars but reduced the sugar because bananas are sweet
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics