Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Monsey: RSVP vs Dulcetto vs Fireside vs Peppercrust vs Ridge
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 12:48 pm
Our anniversary is coming up this week and we'd like to go out to eat at a fancy restaurant.

We've been to the Fireside and like it and would go back, but are also considering trying something new.

Has anyone been to RSVP or Dulcetto? How do they compare to Fireside? What about Peppercrust? Or the Ridge?

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 12:49 pm
Was not impressed with Dolcetto. I didn't hear such amazing reviews on RSVP, they're also extremely expensive.
Peppercrust is a good option.

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 1:45 pm
I had delicious food at Dolcetto. RSVP is pretty new but the ambience was beautiful.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 1:59 pm
Dolchetta was horrible. Fireside is fine. Loved peppercrust. Never went to RSVP

amf

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 2:03 pm
Loved peppercrust!!! Haven't been to the other ones (besides fireside a couple times, years ago. It was great the first time then it was kinda like they stopped trying)

ramateshkolmom

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 2:34 pm
I absolutely love dolcetto. Dolcetto is good pricing and delicious food. Fireside just updated their menu but I liked it also.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 2:41 pm
We LOVE Fireside!! They're food is hands down the most delicious tasting restaurant food

Lukshen

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 2:44 pm
Fireside is ok. Peppercrust is amazing. Dolcetto is also great. RSVP is really good, quite expensive though.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 2:45 pm
Dolcetto seating was really really close and claustrophobic- both are chairs were basically touching the ppl behind us… was not impressed with appetizer, entree was ok, dessert was bad…

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 2:45 pm
Dolcetto is severely overpriced and the food is Meh

We went to RSVP the ambiance is nice, we wanted a private room they said $500 minimum. The food was disappointing, we ordered a steak asked
For it to be don’t medium but we got it rare (raw) sent it back for them to cook it more and by the time we got it, it was too well done. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that they are still new and getting in the groove of things. I would give them another chance In a couple months as I have no doubt it will get better. The same owner also owns the ridge and their food is much better than RSVP.

We were at Peppercrust last week and I still can’t stop raving about it. They re did the place so there is more privacy and the food is OUT OF THIS WORLD!
If you like meat then Peppercrust is the answer!

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 2:50 pm
Dolcetto customer service was awful. We literally dropped our menus and walked out. We’re normally mild tempered people. They made us feel like peasants.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 2:56 pm
Fireside is eh
I heard RSVP was not good at all
Peppercrust was not good IMO
The ridge is my favorite

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 2:59 pm
So interesting how everyone has such different experiences.

We personally really enjoyed Dolcetto and the Ridge. Had excellent food and service (once we were seated) was amazing.
We're definitely not ridge people or look like it and neither made us feel like peasants.
My DH is also very particular about his food and he really enjoyed himself by both places.

Price- you're going to a steak house- wherever you end up your going to pay a nice amount

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 3:39 pm
My personal experience
RSVP we did not like the food
Fireside has good food but I look at it like an upscale fast food eatery, greasy, saucy
Dolcetto we’ve had good and not such good experiences.
Peppercrust always a winner.
Ridge we did not like the food

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 3:39 pm
I feel like Fireside has really gone down since they opened. Both in the taste of their food and in the ambiance, they don't feel so high end anymore, more like medium fancy. Their best food is the meat pizza and which steakhouse wants to be known by their meat pizza? I was also super unimpressed with their customer service.

I loved Dolcetto's food, each bite bursting with flavor, but the portions were small and price was hefty considering the amount of food eaten.
OTOH, Peppercrust's food was delicious but not as good as Dolcetto (but also could be we didn't order enough of a variety because we were a smaller group) but the portions are generous and you don't pay through your nose. We also appreciated the spacing of Peppercrust's tables more than Fireside or Dolcetto.

The Ridge was a hit in both the taste of their food, portion size was medium and price was decent. Tables were a bit too close and we were seated in the middle of the room but we still had a great experience.

I haven't been to RSVP yet and although I want to check it out, I like to wait a couple of months from the opening of an eatery before spending a ton of money...

All in all, if I choose to eat out now, a nice place with my DH, I'd go to Peppercrust or The Ridge. In a few months from now, my choice would be RSVP just to check them out.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 3:42 pm
amother Clear wrote:
My personal experience
RSVP we did not like the food
Fireside has good food but I look at it like an upscale fast food eatery, greasy, saucy
Dolcetto we’ve had good and not such good experiences.
Peppercrust always a winner.
Ridge we did not like the food

Exactly. I thought I was the only one who felt like this because IRL everyone I know raves about them, but they didn't start out this way and now I'm just disappointed.

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 4:25 pm
RSVP is grossly overpriced. Also whoever designed the restaurant kind of missed their mark and the place has a very burlesque vibe.

Fireside, Dolcetto and pepper crust are all decent IMO.

Genius

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 4:36 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
RSVP is grossly overpriced. Also whoever designed the restaurant kind of missed their mark and the place has a very burlesque vibe.

I thought the design was breathtaking. Definitely overpriced. Fireside and Ridge food is delicious every time. I didn’t like Peppercrust, but this thread convinced me to give them another chance.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 5:37 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:

I know the designer and they have no idea what burlesque is...

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 5:39 pm
another vote for the ridge!
I also like fireside though...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries