Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
My daughter is mean
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 8:02 am
amother RosePink wrote:
This is a neuro-wiring thing. Fight-flight maybe? Like a self preservation instinct gone wrong.
Constitutional homeopathy can probably help.
Also other things that calm and support the nervous system.

amother rose pink - thanks for your reply. Can you tell me more about constitutional homeopathy ... What does that mean? And how would I go about finding a provider? Thanks!

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 8:33 am
I'm wondering if she's in a freeze state that doesn't allow her to feel. If her brother is mean to her, and she also had a difficult birth, was in the hospital for a procedure very young, an accident, a rupture from you... Then her buddy would have gone into freeze. Freeze protects.

This would explain why she isn't easily hurt, why she hurts others and why she seeks constant change. When you don't feel things you need a lot of input to feel. So different things and when scary things can feel good.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 10:12 am
amother NeonPurple wrote:
I'm wondering if she's in a freeze state that doesn't allow her to feel. If her brother is mean to her, and she also had a difficult birth, was in the hospital for a procedure very young, an accident, a rupture from you... Then her buddy would have gone into freeze. Freeze protects.

This would explain why she isn't easily hurt, why she hurts others and why she seeks constant change. When you don't feel things you need a lot of input to feel. So different things and when scary things can feel good.
Thanks - she does seem to be in freeze state. She seems to genuinely not care when the girls don't want to be her friend. She is extremely savvy and self confident. The self confidence seems genuine. To answer your above questions , her birth was relatively easy, no medical concerns , no separation from me , no rupture etc. Thanks for trying to help!

chick567

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 10:27 am
she could be acting confident but inside be insecure.
she could still be affected and not show it. in fact does she ever show vulnerability? or does she think she has to always be macho and act like nothing hurts her ever?

kollel_wife

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 3:34 pm
Every kid is born with their own temperment. I have one who one who as a young child was just super impatient and easily frustrated. Some are born kinder, gentler, more empathetic and sensitive and others are the opposite..

If she naturally has less sentisitivity and empathy, besides for therapy, you can try to work on it at home with stories, discussion of proper behavior, complements/rewards for empathetic behavior for all of the children. I imagine you have already.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children