Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
A Question for McCain Supporters
1  2  Next

red sea

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 8:38 pm
Does anyone really like him? Or is he only getting the lesser of 2 evil votes? And if you actually like him - Why?

Imaonwheels

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:31 pm
Any choice between politicians is the lesser of 2 evils. People's fear or turn off to Obama;s magical mystery tour is what will put him in if he wins. Still, I think he has some major strengths.

It is definitely less of the choice of the lesser evil than the last 2 presidents.

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:40 pm
Imaonwheels wrote:
Any choice between politicians is the lesser of 2 evils. People's fear or turn off to Obama;s magical mystery tour is what will put him in if he wins. Still, I think he has some major strengths.

It is definitely less of the choice of the lesser evil than the last 2 presidents.

Actually his magical mystery tour is what is turning many fans off.
There is a whole blog dedicated to FORMER Obama supporters who feel decieved and won't vote for him.

Teacup9

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:12 pm
I voted for McCain in the first primary against Bush because I think of him as my kind of politician. That would be not so strict socially, but financially conservative. I voted for him again this time and will vote for him in the presidential election. Although I don't agree with him on every issue (who can find the perfect candidate?) and I can't ignore his age, I have a good feeling that he will hire a proper cabinet to run this country. Obama will not. He will not be a friend to Israel. Choosing Daniel Kurtzer as his middle east advisor has assured me of this. So while in this case McCain may be the lesser of two evils most non Christian Right style Republicans will get my vote.

freidasima

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 12:35 am
lesser of two evils, definitely.

If I were not a Yid in EY I don't know what I would do. Probably Obama. But I am.

gryp

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 6:11 am
McCain? Who's he?
Waldo pops up once in a while after disappearing for long stretches of time. He doesn't seem too interested in the race to run for president, all I can assume from that is that he obviously doesn't want to win.
Unfortunately, I'm impressed with Obama who seems to be running the perfect campaign. Act like you're president and everyone will assume you are and vote you in automatically.

Tefila

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 7:04 am
Quote:
McCain? Who's he?
Waldo pops up once in a while after disappearing for long stretches of time

I would vote for waldo anytime with his waldish beliefs and clowning around then Obama highly religous and dangerously zealous, beliefs imho.
Hitler too was focused and all on being president and all you know Exclamation

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 7:13 am
When I went and read what McCain stood for, what he has always stood for, what his views on the issues were, yeah I was impressed. I don't love and adore him, I'm not starry eyed, but I think he is a sound man, with good judgement and will likely make a decent, though unlikely an impressive president.

gryp

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 7:25 am
I don't agree with him on every point, and the one thing I do admire him about is his experience as a POW. I think that would automatically make someone extremely loyal to his country and a patriot.

But I'm very frustrated at the way he's running his campaign. Or the way he isn't. If he had some life to him I would be more eager to vote for him, but he's like a shadow hanging around in the background. It makes that thing about his age that people worry about (not me) more convincing to those who think it's an issue.

freidasima

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 7:27 am
GR you are right. But I think he is just waiting for his opponent to trip himself up while McCain stands proud and fast...

gryp

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 7:32 am
That would be fine with me if he would just stand proud and fast a little more loudly. Smile

TziporahD

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 7:00 pm
GR wrote:
But I'm very frustrated at the way he's running his campaign. Or the way he isn't. If he had some life to him I would be more eager to vote for him, but he's like a shadow hanging around in the background.

I agree. I don't understand the ghost candidate thing McCain is doing. I'd feel better about voting for him if he seemed to have a little more fight in him.

Imaonwheels wrote:

So true.

professor

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 6:32 pm
lesser of 2 evils

cassandra

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 6:36 pm
Isn't it always?

flowerpower

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 6:42 pm
Well I am not very fond of him but he definitaly is less worse then the inexperienced liar.

bubby

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 7:18 pm
After reading The Obama Nation (FABULOUS!!!) anyone who votes for Hussein is .....

Having said that, McCain is a bit of a dope. But he is the better of the two.

Has anyone else seen the hysterical JibJab video about the campaign? I howled, I've watched it countless times. Guaranteed to cheer you up!!

Tzippora

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 7:32 pm
Jib Jab is hilarious.

However, are you joking about thinking Obama Nation was fabulous? The guy is a smear artist!

From the Washington Post - not a liberal outlet by any means.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/......html

bubby

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 5:08 am
No, I'm really serious. Everything is verified, & if you read it carefully, the author acknowledges in places that certain things can't be verified or seem circumstantial. But what's true is true & there's a great deal of lying going on with Obama. He lied so frequently about his background that it makes every "promise" suspect. He definitely has communist tendencies, he is more of a Muslim than he wants us to believe, & his alliegance definitely is pointing East. And I don't mean the Kotel.

Scary stuff.

Carefulmom

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 9:41 am
Lesser of the 2 evils. Hashem Yerachaim if Obama gets elected. But then again Moshiach would HAVE to come. IY"H.

Tapuzi

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 11:12 am
The vilification of Obama by religious Jews is nothing less than ignorant racism and I find it appalling. He has been nothing but a friend to Israel. McCain stands for everything that got our country in the terrible economic situation we are in, not to mention the misguided war we are in. It is time for a change in this country and anyone who cannot see that is blinded by pure racism. And I see no need for the Loshon Hora directed at Daniel Kurtzer.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics