Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Bonnnie ridge/copper and quary village Baltimore
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 10:01 pm
I heard they are biulding a shul and daycare in the bonnie ridge complex.
Who is the rav of the shul?
Is the daycare going to be open next year and accepting vouchers? (desperately looking for a place for 2 kids for next year)

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 11:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
I heard they are biulding a shul and daycare in the bonnie ridge complex.
Who is the rav of the shul?
Is the daycare going to be open next year and accepting vouchers? (desperately looking for a place for 2 kids for next year)

I think it's a plan but no real action yet

amother
Skyblue

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 11:10 pm
Where is this neighborhood? I live in Baltimore and have never heard of it.

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 11:18 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
Where is this neighborhood? I live in Baltimore and have never heard of it.

Bonnie ridge is the apartment complex between beazer and Bais Yaakov.

amother
Skyblue

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 11:21 pm
amother Jean wrote:
Bonnie ridge is the apartment complex between beazer and Bais Yaakov.

seriously? are there frum people living there? I had no idea

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 11:22 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
seriously? are there frum people living there? I had no idea

Owned by the Kushners and they want to make it frum so they want to add a shul and bring un a rav etc and target the frum market

amother
Skyblue

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 11:24 pm
amother Jean wrote:
Owned by the Kushners and they want to make it frum so they want to add a shul and bring un a rav etc and target the frum market

fascinating...
I dont know who the Kushners are though.
well sounds good anyway, thanks for sharing and good luck to OP

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 12:31 am
There is no daycare as part of the discussions. Just the shul. Rabbi Shmuel Iser would be the rav. The hope for the Kushners is to have reliable people move in and fill vacancies and that will hopefully encourage others to move as well. The shul creates a greater pull and motivation for people to move in, especially because people are feeling like they don't like pickwick or cc anymore. There are a lot of people in Beazer who are also excited about the option of having a shul a bit closer.

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 12:52 am
amother Wandflower wrote:
There is no daycare as part of the discussions. Just the shul. Rabbi Shmuel Iser would be the rav. The hope for the Kushners is to have reliable people move in and fill vacancies and that will hopefully encourage others to move as well. The shul creates a greater pull and motivation for people to move in, especially because people are feeling like they don't like pickwick or cc anymore. There are a lot of people in Beazer who are also excited about the option of having a shul a bit closer.

is it all apartments? what will happen when the families grow too big for the apartments? or are there houses there too?

amother
Amaryllis

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 6:40 am
By kushner do you mean Trump's son in law family?

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 6:43 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
By kushner do you mean Trump's son in law family?

Yes.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 7:18 am
wow! thank you for the information! We live near Rabbi Iser's current minyan on Fallstaff though yesterday I was in bonnie ridge and was hearing there are plans for a shul there.
Are the Iser's going to be moving there?
Do you know when it will be opening?

amother
Jean

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 7:23 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
is it all apartments? what will happen when the families grow too big for the apartments? or are there houses there too?

It's apartments
They can move to "the greens at Smith " which has attached townhouses and is also growing with frum families.

amother
Melon

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 7:45 am
I haven’t heard any of this.
It used to be called Bonnie ridge.
There are already shuls very close, including in Beazer. In that area Baltimore has a shul on almost every block.
I can’t imagine it’s sustainable long term since people don’t want to rent forever. What’s the benefit of moving there versus Pickwick or cross country? It will also make traffic even worse on Smith. Maybe if a sidewalk is made on the other side of the street so girls can walk to school so there is less traffic it would help. The townhouses in close by developments are also very small. Smaller than Bancroft Village which are built for frum families.
And the rent prices don’t seem to be that much different than Pickwick. You can get a basement apartment or a house to rent for less than that.
I understand why people who don’t live here would think this is a good idea but as a person who lives nearby it just sounds funny. There are already shuls within walking distance. From driving carpool to the middle school or high school it doesn’t seem that frum people would want to live in that complex.
Hope it works out

amother
Geranium

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:08 am
Its a little past the area where there are shuls on every block. No proper shuls in Beazer which I assume this will be
benefit over pickwick or cross country is probably the chevrah- I think it will appeal to young couples who arent in kollel who don't feel so part of the more yeshivish kollel chevrah in pickwick or cc
I hadn't heard this was the idea for ksa - I had thought they had wanted to pick up and move everyone to owings mills but this is much more realistic
cant imagine the traffic there getting worse than it is at 8am Confused

amother
Melon

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 10:12 am
Isn’t Rabbi Wein in Beazer? And I think there are steps from Beazer to Rabbi Kostelitz. It sounds like this is for the more modern crowd. I don’t think it will take off unless rent is less than Pickwick or cross country.

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 8:27 pm
Rabbi Isers shul wants to move to a more permanent location and this is a stepping stone to that. There are incentives for people to move in such as cheaper rent. Rabbi Isers kehillah is a mix of working and learning young couples and families many of which are looking to buy and in the current frum locations, where there are few homes available and they are crazy expensive. By having the kehillah shift to the greengate area (the complex backs up to shlongers and the compelxes behind it) it will give young families the confidence to move outside their comfort zone while still having their type of shul nearby. There is Rabbi Weins shul and Kostelitz but some people in Beazer are looking for something different than what those shuls offer.
It is unknown if the Iser family will be moving.

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 8:28 pm
amother Geranium wrote:
Its a little past the area where there are shuls on every block. No proper shuls in Beazer which I assume this will be
benefit over pickwick or cross country is probably the chevrah- I think it will appeal to young couples who arent in kollel who don't feel so part of the more yeshivish kollel chevrah in pickwick or cc
I hadn't heard this was the idea for ksa - I had thought they had wanted to pick up and move everyone to owings mills but this is much more realistic
cant imagine the traffic there getting worse than it is at 8am Confused

The Owings Mills idea was always just an idea...there was very little concrete action happening in that arena

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 8:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
wow! thank you for the information! We live near Rabbi Iser's current minyan on Fallstaff though yesterday I was in bonnie ridge and was hearing there are plans for a shul there.
Are the Iser's going to be moving there?
Do you know when it will be opening?

timeline is about a year hopefully. They will have to do construction

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 8:30 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:

It backs up to the greengate neighborhood so the kehillah can expand to the townhomes and houses there iyH
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating