Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Pricing for Palette expander

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:05 am
can anyone give me an estimate of what you recently paid at a lakewood orthodontist?

one place told me it will be 3k. I feel like that is very high...

I tried calling two place and they want me to first pay for a consultation before they give me a price.

Right now I'm really just looking to know if the place I got quote from is in the range of normal or I should shop around...

thank you!

amother
Daisy

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:16 am
That's really weird. Almost every orthodontist I looked into in Lakewood offers a free consult.

Friedman
Krug
Schwitz

all offered a free consult

acemom

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 10:16 am
Three-four years ago (in Brooklyn) we were quoted about $2500.
Due to COVID, we didn't end up doing it at the time and eventually went straight to braces.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:08 am
amother Daisy wrote:
That's really weird. Almost every orthodontist I looked into in Lakewood offers a free consult.

Friedman
Krug
Schwitz

all offered a free consult

Thanks! Krug actually did answer me and it was the same 3k range.
I called another 2 places. Not the ones you mentioned.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:36 am
The problem is some drs will push for further treatment (of questionable necessity) after you’ve done and paid for palette expander.
This is what happened to my dd. Her initial pallettw expander turned into a full $6k plus total treatment.

Try dr David Elliott - he seems to be open if you ask him how necessary an intervention is.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:39 am
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
The problem is some drs will push for further treatment (of questionable necessity) after you’ve done and paid for palette expander.
This is what happened to my dd. Her initial pallettw expander turned into a full $6k plus total treatment.

Try dr David Elliott - he seems to be open if you ask him how necessary an intervention is.

Thanks. Officially she'll need braces afterwards. I'm not going there yet!
what do you mean about how necessary an intervention is? we definitely need to do an expander

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 12:29 pm
We used Dr Schwitz for a palette expander and we also needed braces on the top teeth afterwards. We got a free consultation and were told that after our insurance payment we were responsible in total for both expander and braces and all the visits around $1500... they let us pay that out monthly over a year... but I will say that my sons expander fell out twice and I don't necessarily see much improvement.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries