Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
NEW KITCHEN APPLIANCES
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:09 pm
I'm getting all new appliances and need help on tried and true
I'm thinking of getting Frigidaire column fridge freezer
Bosch dishwasher
and need help with a GREAT oven not cheap and not expensive any tips and any other appliances I'm missing

bargainlover

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:16 pm
Are you in tristate area? I’d reccomend you call town appliance if you are, they have all the shabbos friendly tried and true appliances
For ovens I got GE

aussiemom

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:26 pm
yes they can tell me or sell me anything I want to hear from Imas Is GE cafe better than regular GE is it good for shabbos they told me regular GE at Aj Madison but I want something maybe a little better or is that one really good

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm getting all new appliances and need help on tried and true
I'm thinking of getting Frigidaire column fridge freezer
Bosch dishwasher
and need help with a GREAT oven not cheap and not expensive any tips and any other appliances I'm missing

Great ovens and other appliances are never cheap. Quality costs.
Discuss this with guys who repair appliances. They know.
I always ask what they would buy for their mother.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:56 pm
I don't want cheap I specifically said NOT CHEAP
but not tOO expensive someone told me GE can anyone vouch for that what about GE Cafe what Is mid range but still good

flowerpower

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:59 pm
Only get a gas oven. Not an electric one. GE makes good ones

aussiemom

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 7:19 pm
any recommendations for electric built in wall oven

aussiemom

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 7:23 pm
so where can I find a built in wall gas oven that looks nice suggestions not set on gas or electric I want to see all options

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 7:26 pm
There is some confusion of terminology here. An oven means an oven with no burners, a wall oven. Almost all wall ovens are electric.

A range or stove means a single appliance that has both an oven and burners (hobs if you are a Brit). They come in gas and electric, and dual fuel which is gas burners and electric oven.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 7:29 pm
A cooktop is burners (hobs) but no oven. I am a kitchen designer, and in frum homes I often spec gas cooktops and electric wall ovens.

GE Cafe makes some very stylish appliances with lots of bells and whistles (more stuff to break and more $$$$). Cafe and GE Profile have a few side-opening wall ovens (costs more) which can be a benefit at the edge of the kitchen and for short people, because you do not need to reach over the oven door.

aussiemom

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 7:37 pm
I need a built in WALL OVEN GOOD ONE

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 7:59 pm
I have a ge cafe it’s fancy but doesn’t work better than a cheap oven. I couldn’t figure out how to do shabbos mode and shabbos keeper.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 8:00 pm
GE has a good reputation for cooking appliances. I have a GE Profile wall oven. It's OK, and it heats pretty evenly. I don't like it as much as my Bluestar gas ranges. My Bluestars do a better job of roasting (gas is moister heat) and have smaller but hotter broilers. Get a good, long warranty on whatever you purchase.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 8:02 pm
Whatever Electrolux/Zanussi equivalent is there. I'm really pleased with mine, and my grandmother just remodeled in EY and got built-in oven and microwave from Zanussi and likes it also

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 8:07 pm
My opinions.
I hate my Bosch dishwasher. I should've never gotten it. Town recommended it and it's horrible.

Stoves: I just got GE profile. I used to have fridgidaire. Honestly my fridgidaire was better. Shabbos mode is NOT GOOD on ge in general as I'm learning. It's only preset temperatures and the temperature I always used is not on eof them so I am having a very hard time. In addition, on my model, the bake cycle has the broiler come on every ten minute or so which I didn't know before buying and it was a challenge on yt not to use the top shelf because the broiler goes on, no parchment paper cuz it can burn....in general I am really not so happy and my ovens are only two months old.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 8:11 pm
I like Miele and Wolf. Blue star I heard is very good also. I haven’t heard anyone else truly happy with any other brands..

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 8:13 pm
I got all new appliances at town and felt they guided me well. I have a GE gas range for meat, a ge electric wall oven for parve and a cook top and convection microwave for dairy.
I got whirlpool dishwashers

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 8:27 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
My opinions.
I hate my Bosch dishwasher. I should've never gotten it. Town recommended it and it's horrible.

Stoves: I just got GE profile. I used to have fridgidaire. Honestly my fridgidaire was better. Shabbos mode is NOT GOOD on ge in general as I'm learning. It's only preset temperatures and the temperature I always used is not on eof them so I am having a very hard time. In addition, on my model, the bake cycle has the broiler come on every ten minute or so which I didn't know before buying and it was a challenge on yt not to use the top shelf because the broiler goes on, no parchment paper cuz it can burn....in general I am really not so happy and my ovens are only two months old.

Which model GE oven do you have that sounds horrible please share so we don't make a mistake
ALSO anyone have a good wall oven
I'm looking for a 6 burner gas cooktop any suggestions
Also supposedly Bosch dishwasher are good which model do you have any other suggestions also for a good column fridge and freezer

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 8:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Which model GE oven do you have that sounds horrible please share so we don't make a mistake
ALSO anyone have a good wall oven
I'm looking for a 6 burner gas cooktop any suggestions
Also supposedly Bosch dishwasher are good which model do you have any other suggestions also for a good column fridge and freezer

If I was buying a dishwasher now I would look into the kitchen aid.
I have this one for fleishigs. This is the one the broiler comes on during the bake cycle. I use conv bake usually just shabbos/yt I have an issue cuz the Shabbos mode is only in the bake cycle. I think all FE ovens now have preset temperatures for shabbos mode.
https://www.geappliances.com/a.....0YPFS

I have this for milchigs/pareve. It's fine haven't had any issues .

https://www.geappliances.com/a.....0YPFS

I have the fridgidaire full fridge/freezer with trim kit. Is that what your looking at?

I have mine for about 9 years and it's okay. The only thing you should know about these kind of refrigerators is that even though they look really big they really aren't because they're only counter depth.

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 8:42 pm
I redid my kitchen about 2 yrs ago & put in all GE Cafe appliances.
I did the double wall oven. It’s electric in the wall oven category they are mostly electric. I absolutely love it. My food cooks so much better & more evenly.
To set it for shabbos is so simple.
There are some great features like air fry & steak cooking that cooks a steak fully to your specifications perfectly.
I did the dishwasher also I would not recommend my cheap whirlpool was better.
I did the Cafe 48” built in fridge & love it. It’s compatible with the Zman shabbos mode box & it’s a great feature.
I highly recommend the line except the dishwasher.
Edited to add the oven shabbos mode is great for yom tov you can adjust the temperature.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics