Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Machaneinu- a new BY camp
1  2  Next

jewish mamale

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 8:22 am
Trying to find info on a new camp called Machaneinu. It’s in Pennsylvania. Anyone heard of it? They said they’re having a zoom tomorrow night so people can hear more about it and ask questions. Was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. Sounds like they want Agudah of Toronto type- fun, frum, out of town vibe. My friends in Florida and Baltimore were looking into it too.

amother
Garnet

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 8:28 am
Interesting. There’s been a popular camp called machaneinu for years. Maybe they closed down? Idk
More chassidish

amother
Sage

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 8:40 am
amother Garnet wrote:
Interesting. There’s been a popular camp called machaneinu for years. Maybe they closed down? Idk
More chassidish

The renamed to baiseinu quite a few years ago, so I guess the name freed up

Petra

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 8:46 am
Following

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 3:52 am
I just saw - too late - that there was a Zoom open house Motzei shabbos? Did anyone “go”?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 5:01 pm
Went to the zoom. Still unclear what type of girl they are aiming to attract? Mainstream Bais yaakov or right wing yu?

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 5:34 pm
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
Went to the zoom. Still unclear what type of girl they are aiming to attract? Mainstream Bais yaakov or right wing yu?

On their site, it says that feet cannot be visible and if you have a social media account your hashkafos don't align with the camp.
I can't imagine that it's catering to RW YU.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:18 pm
Anyone has any more information?
Whoever was on the zoom, did it seem like its the right type for yeshivish girl?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:51 pm
If anyone figures out who they are appealing to please let us know!

jewish mamale

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 6:25 pm
Missed the zoom but my friend said it seemed really good. I called them today and it sounds like they want bais yakov but not super yeshivish. They’re attracting wholesome good girls- out of towny type

Last edited by jewish mamale on Sun, Nov 19 2023, 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

jewish mamale

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 9:51 pm
jewish mamale wrote:
Missed the zoom but my friend said it seemed really good. I called them today and it sounds like they want bais yakov but not super yeshivish.

Following up on this. Anyone know anyone applying? Curious where the girls are from?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 10:35 pm
Was on the zoom and found it a bit unprofessional and that there were tons of unknowns still.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 10:45 pm
Usually when a new camp opens, the ads have the names of the heads and directors and main staff. I didn't notice any of that on this ad. Or maybe I missed it?
Does anyone have names of who is running this camp?

cnc

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 11:10 pm
Rabbi and Rebitzin Willig and Shonie Schwartz from Camp Atara in FR. The info is all on the website.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 11:42 pm
I went on the zoom and was impressed in theory but have to decided not to apply for my daughter. They're looking for bais Yaakov type girls but really want a lot of out of towners. I personally am from OOT and that appealed to me, but I think it's going to be hard to find that perfect balance. I really hope they're successful, because we need more good solid camps for out of towners

I was a little turned off by the price. I know camp is expensive, but if you're looking to entice people to apply to a new camp, especially people from out of town that see sleepaway camp as a necessity and not a luxury, such a high price tag is something to think twice about

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 11:44 pm
What is the price?

amother
Green

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 11:48 pm
$3500

cnc

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 12:03 am
I agree- they are more expensive than most of the camps that are catering to a similar crowd.

jewish mamale

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 9:18 pm
cnc wrote:
I agree- they are more expensive than most of the camps that are catering to a similar crowd.

Interesting... When I price compared they didn't seem that much different when you factor in the transportation extras that the other camps make you pay in addition to tuition.

Called them again today to try and get a feel of where girls are coming from. Sounded like a mix; she said there are girls from NY and NJ (Brooklyn, 5towns\far rock, Monsey, Passaic, Clifton, fairlawn) and also girls from Baltimore , Chicago, Florida, LA, and a few other places. Sounded like she was also getting staff from in town and out of town which I thought was cool.

DD still not sure... She wants to go if she has a friend going with her

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 12:12 am
Any updates regarding crowd that they are attracting?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps