Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Respectful Parents- did you see Lr Knost post?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:14 am
On Instagram LR Knost posted a woke call for I don’t even know what about the poor Palestinians. She didn’t post anything after October 7, just some vague stuff but nowhere outright about the Israeli massacre and only writing about the dichotomy of pain on October 16 (when it became about the poor Gazans).
I see many in the mental health and parenting community and makes me think I should throw out the baby with the bath water.
Is it really all just woke nonsense.
Gabor Mate…
I feel like the growth industry I’ll call it has just delivered a huge slap in the face that I’m sure many have noticed before me.
How do you reconcile it!
What part of the newer ways of thinking do you accept and what do you discard? What’s your litmus test?
If these are the thought leaders then I don’t want a part of it in nurturing my Jewish Neshamas.
Feeling confused.

amother
Stonewash

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:25 am
amother OP wrote:
On Instagram LR Knost posted a woke call for I don’t even know what about the poor Palestinians. She didn’t post anything after October 7, just some vague stuff but nowhere outright about the Israeli massacre and only writing about the dichotomy of pain on October 16 (when it became about the poor Gazans).
I see many in the mental health and parenting community and makes me think I should throw out the baby with the bath water.
Is it really all just woke nonsense.
Gabor Mate…
I feel like the growth industry I’ll call it has just delivered a huge slap in the face that I’m sure many have noticed before me.
How do you reconcile it!
What part of the newer ways of thinking do you accept and what do you discard? What’s your litmus test?
If these are the thought leaders then I don’t want a part of it in nurturing my Jewish Neshamas.
Feeling confused.

Most of the gentle parenting accounts are only posting my about the poor Palestinians in Gaza. I had to unfollow so many. I don’t need these accounts parenting advice no thank you.

amother
Ballota

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:32 am
amother Stonewash wrote:
Most of the gentle parenting accounts are only posting my about the poor Palestinians in Gaza. I had to unfollow so many. I don’t need these accounts parenting advice no thank you.

Can you post which ones? I used to be on instagram and followed a lot of gentle parenting accounts and I’m curious which ones are posting these things.

anonymous mom

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:35 am
I would unfollow. And as a matter of fact take their "advice" with a grain of salt.

There is more than enough parenting advice that is Torah based.

amother
Stonewash

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:37 am
amother Ballota wrote:
Can you post which ones? I used to be on instagram and followed a lot of gentle parenting accounts and I’m curious which ones are posting these things.

Cara from halfway- montessory
Babiesandbrains also more about Gaza not much about Israel.
A lot of accounts are more in a vague way not as bad as this one that the OP posted. But anyways the post that knost had was a bunch of accounts tagged that stand together w her. Random ones I’ve never heard of.
Heysleepybaby who I’ve rly liked is posting a lot about the situation in Gaza and not so much mention about Israel (a little bit)

amother
Ballota

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:43 am
What about respectfulmom? Janet Landsbury?

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:46 am
Ugh
Thanks for the heads up
Amazing how parenting “experts” feminists and lgbt etc couldn’t care less about rapes mutilations barbarism abuse violent trauma etc
Brainwashed or worse

amother
Stonewash

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:50 am
amother Ballota wrote:
What about respectfulmom? Janet Landsbury?

Dunno I don’t follow them. I doubt they did any good tho for us. Most of these accounts are just horrible. I don’t need anyone’s advice. We know more than we think.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:51 am
amother Stonewash wrote:
Dunno I don’t follow them. I doubt they did any good tho for us. Most of these accounts are just horrible. I don’t need anyone’s advice. We know more than we think.
I get you but that’s not the point.
I’m curious to hear from people who were learning from them.
Edited/ I see you did follow them now I’m confused lol

amother
Stonewash

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:53 am
amother OP wrote:
I get you but that’s not the point.
I’m curious to hear from people who were learning from them.
Edited/ I see you did follow them now I’m confused lol

I did follow a few and I unfollowed. I don’t think we need to learn anything from them. Even if we think we did. But you do what you think you need.

Heysleepybaby I didn’t unfollow yet. She did mentioned about Israel a little bit. But she liked knost’s post so now idk….I like her content for sleep stuff. I think that’s different than parenting stuff….

amother
Molasses

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:54 am
So these supposed gentle parents only care about being gentle with some children. When it's Jewish children brutalized and massacred, somehow being gentle with children flies out the window. Filthy hypocrites.

amother
Stonewash

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:55 am
amother Molasses wrote:
So these supposed gentle parents only care about being gentle with some children. When its Jewish children brutalized and massacred, somehow being gentle with children flies out the window. Filthy hypocrites.

Exactly. What does gentle even mean. We should all be gentle with our children. I hate the term.

mushkamothers

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:55 am
I unfollowed tons of accounts last time Israel was in the news (blue square time)

In general these people are open minded which is great for new theories and ideas. But in politics means woke and liberal

The conservative Christians are better in this regard. But they're very religious and not hashkafically aligned with Torah values

So either you filter and sift, but that can be hard and also we have to be so careful not to be subtly influenced away from Torah values.

In general not everything about "gentle parenting' can or should be used in a frum home

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:57 am
Yeah chochms bagoyim not morality

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:58 am
What I’m seeing here is all the civil rights and people-centered groups, anti-racist and feminist and body positivity bla bla progressives are proving us right. I was suspicious at BLM and listened to those who said “all lives matter” has a time and it’s not now.
Well apparently it’s not ever.
I know some people felt like this since always I’m curious to hear from people who were listening to some liberal ideas since 2020ish or before and what they think now.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:59 am
mushkamothers wrote:
I unfollowed tons of accounts last time Israel was in the news (blue square time)

In general these people are open minded which is great for new theories and ideas. But in politics means woke and liberal

The conservative Christians are better in this regard. But they're very religious and not hashkafically aligned with Torah values

So either you filter and sift, but that can be hard and also we have to be so careful not to be subtly influenced away from Torah values.

In general not everything about "gentle parenting' can or should be used in a frum home
yes navigating it now. Would love to hear your views I follow you on insta and love your page ❤️

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 12:02 pm
We know many leftists and liberals who say they feel betrayed after supporting these causes and getting pro Hamas garbage back in return despite the documented atrocities!
Survivor of beeri says she is not religious but after surviving the trauma she looked up the tefila and benched birkat hagomel.

amother
Stonewash

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 12:14 pm
mushkamothers wrote:

Can you elaborate on what not should not be used in a frum home with gentle parenting? Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics