Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
If tights have holes by crotch area do you still wear
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:01 am
I'm wondering what other women do since this issue is coming up with my daughter. The tights are perfectly fine except small holes develop by area between legs or even on legs but thigh area. Not visible to others. Do you throw away the tights. I don't. But my daughter is saying its not normal to wear ripped tights. Just want to know what the norm is so I can guide her.

hodeez

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:03 am
Of course, tights are expensive

amother
Yolk

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:03 am
I don’t unless it’s uncomfortable but I think the normal thing to do is to throw them out.

Highstrung

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:04 am
You can sew them up for her so they don’t have holes.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:05 am
Thanks - I agree tights are expensive and I wear them over and over for years, rips notwithstanding. She's ten so I just want to guide her as to what is "normal".

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:07 am
No they cause me burn rashes and are extremely uncomfortable! If your daughter is getting holes there it’s probably to small on her or just not a good fit

flmommy

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:07 am
I definitely wear tights with rips in areas no one can see. I definitely don't have the energy to sew tights up. If your daughter is sensitive to wearing them when someone else might see then save the good ones for times when she might "group change" ie gymnastics class etc.

oneofakind

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:22 am
Totally wear.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:37 am
DD wears shorts over her tights. They seem to get holes in the crotch first. Toes are next. If the holes are visible or too uncomfortable, then they’re thrown out.

Highstrung

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:38 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks - I agree tights are expensive and I wear them over and over for years, rips notwithstanding. She's ten so I just want to guide her as to what is "normal".

It’s not about normal or not . Holes can dig into the skin and cause pain. So stitching them up solves that problem if you still want use out of it. Otherwise she needs new ones if they bother her and make her physically uncomfortable.
Also if this keeps happening the tights are either to short , or too small for her size

ray family

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:50 am
Of course I wear!
Do my children want to wear tights with holes? Absolutely not

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:54 am
I wear but I wouldn't expect dd to wear if she was asking for new.

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:01 am
I would. Back in the day, when one leg got a run, I'd cut it off, wait for a matching pair to get a run in one leg, and wear the two halves. I always bought pantyhose in multiples.

As Erma Bombeck once said--or maybe Dear Abby, but I think it was Erma--the only woman who won't wear pantyhose with a run in the thigh is going to meet a lover.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:05 am
Of course I do.
And if it has a small run in the lower leg, I nail Polish it to stop the run from spreading and wear it with boots.

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:15 am
When a kid says "not normal" it means you have to dig a little deeper and find out WHY they don't want to wear it. Are other girls seeing it and making fun? (Why are they noticing? Group change like at swimming?)
How would she know what others do or don't do?
Is it causing physical irritation?
What is the reason behind the complaint of "normal"? Maybe hear her out and see if oncr clarity and understanding occur, a compromise can be made.

Tights are so expensive. Even before this crazy inflation it was expensive. So I wear tights until the holes are visible to others or it hurts, like when a toe pops out and it cuts into my skin.

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:32 am
No I'm neurotic about no holes in tights.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:34 am
If you can't mend it, don't make her wear it. Girls play games during recess, when she jumps up and down she may be embarrassed. Just one of many examples.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 3:40 pm
I would wear but honesty that’s only happened to me if I gained weight and my tights got too small. She might need the next size

theoneandonly

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 3:54 pm
I would wear if it's ripped in the crotch or outer thigh but not inner thigh. If ripped on the inner thigh it'll rub against the other leg while she walks and be very painful.

amother
Calendula

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 3:58 pm
I don’t. I don’t like the sensory aspect mainly, but I also don’t think one should be walking around in clothing with holes (even if no one’s sees). It’s a respect thing
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics