Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Why don’t chassidish women wear falls?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:46 pm
Is that hashkafa? Halacha?
Genuinely curious!
PSA- if you don’t have something nice to contribute then please don’t comment. Thanks!

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:47 pm
I've seen Chasidim in falls

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:47 pm
It has a cool look which doesn’t match a typical chasidish/beige tights look.
Hope that wasn’t considered not nice. It’s just the true answer to your question.

giftedmom

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:52 pm
We wear them with hats in the winter

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:52 pm
Probably because many many falls end up having some hair sticking out in the front, which is a serious no-no by chassidim.

Also, most fall wigs are longer than what chassidish women wear.

Having said that, I have seen chassidish women in falls here and there. It's a more casual look, you see more in the summer, or if a morah wears a sheitel at work. For regular "dressed up" days, it's not as popular.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 10:53 pm
giftedmom wrote:
We wear them with hats in the winter

Different look than the sweat band and long wig but yea. Pretty accurate comparison. The chassidish fall.
Op, why are you asking?

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:05 pm
I think the reason might be because it conceals the front of the wig and therefore can be mistaken for real hair. The very yeshivish don't wear fall eithers.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:12 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
Different look than the sweat band and long wig but yea. Pretty accurate comparison. The chassidish fall.
Op, why are you asking?

Oh interesting! I saw on another thread that was talking about Simcha expenses that the mother wanted to buy dd 3-4 sheitels bc chassidim don’t wear falls so wanted to understand

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:13 pm
[quote="amother Amethyst"]Probably because many many falls end up having some hair sticking out in the front, which is a serious no-no by chassidim.

Also, most fall wigs are longer than what chassidish women wear.

Having said that, I have seen chassidish women in falls here and there. It's a more casual look, you see more in the summer, or if a morah wears a sheitel at work. For regular "dressed up" days, it's not as popular.[/quote

Would you wear w a hat and absolutely no hair showing or it’s just the look of a fall that’s not ok?

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:18 pm
It's also more of a trendy look and chassidim are not into trendy for the most part

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:25 pm
What's a fall?

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:49 am
I think nobody answered the most obvious reason, most chasidim shave, and the fall look is exactly that, a fall, and many times there is hair coming out in the front hence giving it the natural look, as shavers this whole style does not work out, I do believe that by chadish non shavers the look is more accepted, maybe wrong but that is what I always thought was the reason

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:51 am
I've seen chassidish people wear them and I think it's incongruous. I am chassidish ftr.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:51 am
Not everyone pulls out hair with a fall. If someone wears a fall and pulls out hair then they don’t need a hat, headband,etc.

If you don’t show hair then you can wear a fall without a single piece showing.

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:56 am
Just explained why I thought this was the accepted norm

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:58 am
amother Canary wrote:
I think nobody answered the most obvious reason, most chasidim shave, and the fall look is exactly that, a fall, and many times there is hair coming out in the front hence giving it the natural look, as shavers this whole style does not work out, I do believe that by chadish non shavers the look is more accepted, maybe wrong but that is what I always thought was the reason
no, there are chassidish women that shave and wear them

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:59 am
amother Seagreen wrote:
no, there are chassidish women that shave and wear them

In the winter with hats I have seen many, otherwise I have not seen it

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:13 am
amother Canary wrote:

Even without showing hair it’s not a chasidish look. It’s just not. It’s too cool and doesn’t match your typical chasidish BP, Willi, Monsey woman. Of course, there are always exceptions.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:58 am
amother Brunette wrote:
Even without showing hair it’s not a chasidish look. It’s just not. It’s too cool and doesn’t match your typical chasidish BP, Willi, Monsey woman. Of course, there are always exceptions.
I think you mean casual, not cool.

Raisin

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 12:33 pm
Chabad generally doesnt wear falls for hashkafic reasons.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels