Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Parents marrying off their youngest child. Ideas!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:33 pm
My parents are marrying off their tenth and youngest child bh! Would like to prepare something in their home for when they return from wedding. Any ideas? Or other ways to celebrate this milestone?

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 12:01 am
My parents are the type to really appreciate pictures. I would maybe do a photo gallery hanging on the wall in the family room with a "couples" picture of all their kids, maybe from each of their weddings. By the last spot, for the one getting married now, a blank paper with a circle in the middle that says loading...
Or a family picture from each wedding
Or a photo album
Or if you want to really work hard a scrapbook with all their kids and grandkids. On each page, you can write a question and have a few kids or grandkids answer each question and put it on the page with a few pictures

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 12:11 am
Do they have an electronic picture frame?
We luv it
Kids keep sending us new photos

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 12:13 am
I’ve heard from siblings who all arrived to the parent home after the wedding and sat with them for an hour so that they don’t arrive home or an empty house, and have whom to reminisce about the wedding etc.
Sometimes it’s the actual children while their spouses babysit.

Sometimes decorate the room etc….
You need to know what type the parents are, but some really appreciate it.

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 12:21 am
doodlesmom wrote:
I’ve heard from siblings who all arrived to the parent home after the wedding and sat with them for an hour so that they don’t arrive home or an empty house, and have whom to reminisce about the wedding etc.
Sometimes it’s the actual children while their spouses babysit.

Sometimes decorate the room etc….
You need to know what type the parents are, but some really appreciate it.

Definitely ask them if they'd want this or rather not beforehand

amother
Wandflower

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 12:28 am
Have you heard the Country Yossi song Mitzvah Tanz? It's a beautiful song about a couple coming home from the wedding of their youngest child. When my in-laws married off their youngest child, all the children (or at least those who could) came to their house after the wedding and played them this song....

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 12:29 am
My siblings did more of a spiritual idea. I'm not sure the details but they focused on the phrase מודה אני לפניך that they were זוכה to marry off their baby in good health.

FlowersforAlger

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 12:39 am
I’ve heard of ppl creating a mock wedding for the parents after the wedding. Dressing them up and having a party!!

It’s an emotional time, and to relieve some of the intensity can be helpful for some. It’ll still be there in the morning, but they will be well rested and have great memories.

Usually the chossen kallah are jealous to have missed out!

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:43 am
This is such a sweet idea.
When my little sister got married, it was after my mother AH passed away. As we were driving home from the wedding, we called my father on my cell phone to shmooze and talk about how nice the wedding was.
We got this idea from a story of the Viznitz Rebbe, who called a man who had lost his wife, after the man married off his child, to shmooze with him about how the wedding was.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics